。49 。

-"Weak

-
"Weak."
-

A few weeks later, Nova made her way downstairs to the shared kitchen in some grey joggers and a black sports bra. She was absentmindedly humming along to Because I Got High, every so often making an 'Ooh' sound when that noise came on in the song.

The tall woman started to make herself a sandwich, grabbing a coke as well and Natasha some crisps. As she was cutting her lunch in half, someone tapped her on the shoulder. Spinning around, she took her headphones out, holding the wires in her hand, and smiled at Steve.

"What's up? You want a sandwich?" Nova quizzed, taking a bite of her BLT.

"No I just finished my lunch. I came to talk to you about training." Steve responded.

"Did my times overlap with someone else?" Nova asked, swallowing her bite.

"No, no. Your times are fine. I just needed you to train someone." Steve scratched the back of his neck.

"Who is it? Is it Sam? Please be Sam." She whispered the last part to herself; her and Sam had grown close over time, forming a sibling bond.

"It's Wanda." Steve stated and Nova sighed, taking an angrier bite of her sandwich and shaking her head. "Please, Nova. Some of us are busy and others aren't trained well enough. I know the two do you don't get along that well-"

"I have no problem with her." Wanda smiled sheepishly, grabbing a water bottle before leaving the room.

"You don't get along with her." Steve corrected. "But she needs to get better at actually fighting. Just do it for me, please?"

"Fine. But you owe me a Cadbury's bar. The real shit." Nova raised an eyebrow, glaring at him menacingly, pointing at him before leaving with her sandwich as Steve gulped.

"It's later this afternoon. 6 o'clock." Steve called and received a middle finger in response.

Nova pushed open her bedroom door with her elbow, kicking it shut behind her. Natasha was sat on the bed, mindlessly flipping through Netflix. The tall woman plopped down on the bed, handing Natasha her crisps which the red head thanked her for.

Natasha pressed play on a random film, placing her head on Nova's shoulder. The tattooed woman was still slightly frustrated, but her anger has lessened as she sat with Natasha on their bed.

"D'you wanna do something later?" Natasha asked after some silence.

"I can't. I've gotta train." Nova sighed.

"You don't usually train today." Natasha stated with furrowed eyebrows.

"I've gotta train Wanda. She's only using her powers and Steve don't want her to, you know, die on a mission." Nova grumbled.

"You're not still salty towards her?" Natasha chuckled.

"But she hurt you. A lot. It freaked you out and I didn't like it." Nova shook her head.