。100 。

-"Also, you were in prison before Steve got out of the ice!"-

-
"Also, you were in prison before Steve got out of the ice!"
-

They didn't have enough fuel. The helicopter came to a crash landing in the middle of a field but none of them were harmed luckily. Natasha sighed, opening the door and getting out, Yelena, Nova and Alexei following.

"You should've brought the Avengers' super jet." Alexei said as everyone just looked over their surroundings.

"I swear, if I hear one more word from him, I will kick in in the face." Yelena stated, her Natasha and Nova now walking ahead.

"He's the worst." Natasha agreed.

"I'd like to scalp him with a discount card." Nova mumbled.

"Natasha." Alexei began, chasing after the three. "Natasha. Natasha. Come here, I want to ask you something."

Natasha glanced at Nova and Yelena, the two looking back before Natasha dribbled back to Alexei and Yelena and Nova continued.

"Come here. It's important." Alexei continued.

"What?" Natasha questioned and Alexei shoved his hands into his pockets.

"Did he talk to you about me?" Alexei asked.

"What?" Natasha repeated, confused.

"Maybe your girlfriend could tell me, too, huh?" Alexei questioned. "Hey, crumpet!"

"What, Smirnoff?" Nova quizzed and Alexei waved her over, Natasha no less confused so Nova reluctantly approached the two, standing the other side of Alexei.

"Did he talk to you two about me? You know, trading war stories?" Alexei quizzed and Nova looked at Natasha, eyebrows furrowed.

"Who? What are you talking about?" Natasha asked.

"Captain America." Alexei said as if it were obvious. "My great adversary in this theatre of geopolitical conflict. Not so much a nemesis. More like a contemporary, you know? Coequal. I always thought there was a great deal of mutual respect-"

"Wait. You haven't seen either one of us in 20 years and you're gonna ask me about you?" Natasha questioned, stopping in her tracks, everyone else doing the same.

"What is with this tension?" Alexei questioned as if he hadn't done anything wrong. "Did I do something wrong?"

"Is that a serious question?" Yelena asked, rubbing her forehead.

"He's joking, right? He has to be." Nova chimed in, Natasha having told her who Alexei was to them.

"I only ever loved you girls. I did my best to make sure you would succeed to achieve you're fullest potential, and wbu thing worked out." Alexei continued.

"Everything worked out?" Natasha piped up.

"Yes. For you, yes. We accomplished our mission in Ohio. Yelena, you went on to become the greatest child assassin the world has ever known." Alexei explained, moving towards the blonde. "No one can match your efficiency, your ruthlessness. And Natasha," he turned to the red head, "not just a spy, not just toppling regimes, destroying empires from within, but an Avenger. You both have killed so many people." Alexei grabbed their wrists, shaking them. "Your ledgers must be dripping, just gushing red. I couldn't be more proud of you."

Natasha scoffed, pushing Alexei away harshly after he tried to hug them both. Nova just looked at the man in a strange sense of confusion and anger.

"Okay. You can... No." Yelena trailed off, pushing him away. "Let go of me now. You smell really bad."

Alexei then turned to Nova and glared at the woman who tilted her head ever so slightly at him.

"What are you looking at, huh?" Alexei glared.

"The biggest knobhead in this field." Nova responded, jogging to catch up with Yelena and Natasha. "Also, you were in prison before Steve got out of the ice!"

"Are you saying I'm lying?" Alexei growled, chasing after them.

"Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying." Nova nodded as he caught up with them.

"I really don't like you. I don't like your girlfriend, Natasha." Alexei shook his head, huffing like a toddler that hadn't gotten any sweets.

"We haven't asked for your approval." Natasha stated.

"At least her ledger is also gushing red." Alexei muttered, kicking a stone.

"He'd be gone in two seconds if we have V." Nova mumbled to Natasha.

"I have no doubts about that one." Natasha agreed.

"It would've been a lovely sight to see your other partner eat him alive." Yelena smiled at the pair.

"You're dating a crumpet and an alien?" Alexei practically shouted. "Oh, Natasha. I feel sorry for you. How do you cope with the creature? How has he not eaten you yet?"

"Jesus Christ. I need a drink." Nova mumbled.

"Me too." Yelena agreed.

"Me three." Natasha muttered. 

"I'd love some Smirnoff, Smirnoff." Nova smirked and Alexei glared at her.

"No. I don't like her one bit."

{715}