。97 。

-"You got it

-
"You got it."
-

The trio stole the man's car and were now driving down the motorway. Nova had grabbed some new black jeans from a shop that she was permanently borrowing. Yelena had put on a gilet, sitting in the passenger seat and Nova was driving while Natasha had her head between the two of their seats.

"You know, this is the first piece of clothing I've ever bought for myself." Yelena spoke up, thumbing the thick straps of her gilet.

"That?" Natasha asked, looking at her.

"Yeah. You don't like it?" Yelena questioned.

"Is that like a... Is it army surplus, or-"

"Okay, it has a lot of pockets." Yelena interrupted as Natasha and Nova chuckled. "But I use them all the time, and I made some of my own modifications." Yelena scoffed, waving her her.

"Oh, yeah." Natasha laughed.

"Whatever. Shut up. The point is, I've never... I've never had control over my own life before, and now I do. I want to do things." Yelena explained.

"Hmm..." Natasha hummed, smiling. "I like your vest."

"I knew it. I knew you did. It's so cool, right?" Yelena questioned excitedly.

"It's good. Yes. I like it." Natasha nodded.

"And you can put so much stuff in them. You wouldn't even know." Yelena bragged.

"Just hide little Swiss Army knives in them. I'd do that. You could make discount cards with them." Nova spoke up, turning a corner.

"What is a discount card? How can you make one with a knife?" Yelena asked, looking towards the tattooed woman and so was Natasha.

"So, you get a long stick," Nova began.

"That's what she said." Yelena interrupted. "I already got the hang of your joke."

"Good job, I must say." Nova agreed. "What you do is, you sharpen the end of this stick with your knife and then go into shops, poking people with the stick and demanding items. Technically, you can't get arrested because it's a stick, not a knife." Nova explained.

"Where did you find her?" Yelena asked Natasha who just stared at her fiancé.

"I don't think I trust you with our hypothetical dog." Natasha chuckled.

"As if I'm gonna threaten a dog with a discount card." Nova scoffed. "Just teenagers and above."

"Why did you say yes?" Yelena questioned Natasha who just sighed, shaking her head.

"Rude." Nova commented before gasping loudly. "I know what you should do!"

"Me? What?" Yelena quizzed.

"Come to IKEA with me and my mate Wade and stay in after everyone's gone home and then have a rolly chair race in the middle of the night, trying not to get caught by security." Nova explained.

"I'm in." Yelena nodded after a second of thought. "I'm holding you to that horror movie marathon, though, if we survive."

"You got it." Nova agreed.

No more words were exchanged for a minute, just the quiet sound of the radio playing and Nova tapping her fingers against the steering wheel.

"I really don't know where the Red Room is, though. I'm sorry." Yelena apologised.

"I know." Natasha murmured. "But I think I know somebody who does."

"Oh, yeah? Who?" Yelena questioned as Nova glanced at Natasha through the mirror.

"We're gonna need a jet." Natasha sighed.

"'We're gonna need a jet' is a very funny name. I've never heard of this person before." Nova mused.

"Why did I say yes?" Natasha asked herself.

"Dick." Nova mumbled.

{567}