。26 。

-"I promised you a cup a' tea and cake, didn't I?"-

-
"I promised you a cup a' tea and cake, didn't I?"
-

"So, you've experienced this sort of thing before." Fury stated, hood up with sunglasses on as he stood in front of his 'grave' looking at Steve and Sam.

"You get used to it." Steve replied.

"That, you do." Nova nodded, walking up beside the blonde, black jeans and a baggy hoodie on, the hood up to hide her face.

"We've been data mining HYDRA's files. Looks like a lot of rats that didn't go down with the ship. I'm headed to Europe tonight. Wanted to ask if you'd come." Fury looked at Steve first.

"There's something I gotta do first." Steve responded.

"How about you, Wilson?" Fury turned to Sam. "Could use a man with your abilities."

"I'm more of a soldier than a spy." Sam answered with a smile.

"Black? How about you?" Fury turned to the tattooed woman.

"Nah, I've gotta find a new place to hide for now." Nova smiled sadly. "Maybe I'll go to England. They have proper chocolate there."

"Alright, then." Fury muttered before shaking Sam's, Steve's and Nova's hands. "Anybody asks for me, tel them they can find me, right here." Fury pointed at his grave before walking away.

"You should be honoured, that's about as close as he gets to saying thank you." A voice said from behind them and they span to see Natasha walking towards them with a file.

"Not going with him?" Steve questioned.

"No." Natasha smiled, shaking her head.

"Not staying here." Steve continued.

"Nah." Natasha mumbled. "I blew all my covers. I gotta go figure out a new one."

"That might take a while." Steve stated.

"I'm counting on it." Natasha nodded. "That thing you asked for, I called in a few favours from Kiev." She handed him a file. "Will you do me a favour? Call that nurse."

"She's not a nurse." Steve smirked.

"And you're not a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent." Natasha shot back.

"What was her name again?" Steve asked.

"Sharon." Natasha answered. "She's nice."

Natasha pressed a kiss to Steve's cheek with a smile before glancing over her shoulder to see Nova by her motorbike, smiling softly at her. Steve smirked at Natasha and nodded over at Nova as if telling her to go to her.

"Be careful, Steve." Natasha said as she walked away. "You might not wanna pull on that thread."

Natasha approached Nova with a small smile and the taller woman pulled her in for a tight hug, relishing in the few seconds of bliss. Natasha smiled widely into Nova's chest, her arms around her slim waist.

"So, where you off to, doll face?" Nova questioned, pulling back from the hug but keeping her hands in her hips.

"I don't know yet. I'll figure it out. How about you?" Natasha questioned, sliding her hands around her shoulders.

"Maybe I'll go to England. I found my parents after S.H.I.E.L.D. fell but I doubt they'd wanna see me." Nova chuckled.

"I'm sure they would. I'm guessing I won't be seeing you anytime soon." Natasha said sadly.

"Oh, you will." Nova smirked.

"What d'you mean?" Natasha asked, looking up at her with furrowed brows.

"I promised you a cup a' tea and cake, didn't I? Given, it might not be in a five star restaurant." Nova shrugged.

"It'll be perfect I'm sure." Natasha smiled.

"I'll see you soon, doll face." Nova smiled, kissing her cheek before getting on her motorbike.

"See you, Nova." Natasha said before walking back to her car, glancing back as Nova sped off.

{592}