。108 。

-"Exes, huh?"-

-
"Exes, huh?"
-

Nova approached Natasha and Yelena, the two sisters crouching and hugging tightly. A grunt sounded behind them and teh turned to see Alexei helping Melina walk over to the group, she was limping and holding her side. The three of them approached the duo.

"Everybody good?" Natasha questioned as Nova slipped an arm around her waist.

"I am clearly injured." Melina stated.

"You got something to say?" Natasha asked Alexei.

"I'd just mess it up." Alexei replied, reaching out to squeeze Natasha's hand.

Distant cars approached the area, looking for them. Nova and Natasha looked over at the cars.

"Here comes the cavalry." Natasha nodded.

"Fucking 'ell, that's a lot of cars for us." Nova muttered seeing the many cars.

"So, what's our plan?" Melina asked.

"You guys go, we'll stay." Natasha stated firmly.

"That's insanity. We fight. We fight with you." Alexei argued.

"We'll hold them off." Natasha denied.

"Natasha, we fight." Alexei continued.

"We can't split up. You're so pigheaded." Melina said, her and Alexei speaking at the same time.

"You guys, go." Natasha waved them off.

"Oh, my God." Yelena muttered.

"Besides, if it can work out with the four of us, you know, there may be some hope for the Avengers." Natasha smiled, holding up her hand with her index finger and thumb an inch apart. "Little bit."

"I 'ope. That bed's giving me back ache." Nova spoke up. "Really squeaky, too."

"Why is it squeaky?" Alexei questioned, glaring at her. "Why so squeaky? Just sleep still. Like a log. Or a dead person. A very, very dead person."

"Harsh. I died five minutes ago. Bit soon if you ask me." Nova teased and Alexei huffed.

"Okay, we'll, if you're leaving, then I guess you should take this." Yelena chimed in, taking off her gilet. "I know how much you like it."

"Shucks." Natasha mumbled as Yelena laughed, handing her the gilet. "It does have a lot of pockets."

"Very handy pockets, yeah." Yelena agreed.

"He had Widows implanted all over the world. Melina will need to copy the formula, but you should be the one to tell 'em it's over." Natasha said, handing Yelena the last antidote capsule.

An engine whirred and a jet landed not too far away. The door opened to reveal the Widows and Yelena stuffed the capsule in her suit, walking towards them, speaking to them.

"Hey." Melina spoke up as Yelena walked towards the jet. "Hey. You take care of yourselves, okay?"

"Don't worry. We got this." Natasha smiled, squeezing Melina's hand.

"And Nova." Melina started making the ebony woman hum. "Hurt her and I kill you."

"I won't. Promise." Nova nodded with a smile.

"Hm, maybe you're not so bad, crumpet." Alexei muttered.

"Ans you too, Smirnoff." Nova teased.

"I take it back. I still don't like you." Alexei shook his head.

Melina and Alexei walked away from the two towards the jet. A long whistle sounded and Natasha looked over to Yelena who had whistled. The red head whistled back and the two smiled at one another before Yelena turned to leave. Natasha looked up at Nova.

"How's your eye?" She questioned softly, stroking just under the scar.

"Hm, what?" Nova asked, reaching to feel what happened. "She did that, too? God, what a fucking bitch."

"Agreed." Natasha muttered, stroking her cheek softly.

"Exes, huh?" Nova laughed.

"Nope. Pretty sure that was just her." Natasha chuckled.

"If it's not, we should worry." Nova grinned, leaning down to kiss her gently.

Natasha smiled against her lips, the tall woman's hand coming to cup her jaw lightly as the cars got closer to them. They pulled away, letting their noses nudge before looking to the oncoming cars.

"Let's do this, doll face." Nova whispered.

"You got it, squish." Natasha teased.

"You're going with squish?"

"You said you liked it!"

"We were high!"

"It's sticking! I'll fight you!"

"I'm so very afraid! Ow. That's rude!"

{654}