1

It was quiet. All I could hear was the beeping coming from the machines. It got faster and I had my eyes closed. Blood. So much blood. My eyes snapped open and I gasped and felt my stomach. I sat up and groaned. Ow. Fuck.

"Miss Cook " I heard a frantic voice. "Miss Cook please settle down you are ok. You're safe" a doctor walked in and I was breathing heavy and tears started to form in my eyes.

"Miss Cook. You are safe" he stood beside my bed and I tried to breath. "Wheres. My mom" I choked out and he was quiet. "You need rest Miss Cook." He told me and I shook my head and ripped the IV from my arm.

"No I need to see her. Where is she! Wheres my dad!" I demanded as tears fell down my face. "Miss Cook please if you just-" "Where are they!" I screamed and he just looked at me for a moment.

"I'm sorry" he told me and my heart felt like it stopped. "No" I whispered and shook my head. "No they didn't. He. What. He- my. I" I started to hyperventilate and the doctor helped me lay back down.

"You need rest. We had to put 93 stitches in you. You could easily tear them open" he told me carefully and had his hand on my shoulder. I laid there and curled up into a ball as I sobbed.

He was quiet for a moment and I couldn't keep my eyes open. I didn't want this to be real. It couldn't be. I cried and cried until I fell asleep.
~
I stood there watching a stranger man hold a gun to my mothers head. My father already on the ground in a pool of his own blood. I screamed and pleaded for them to stop. Snot dripping from my nose. Tears pouring from my eyes as I was held back.

-

I gasped as I woke up and I grunted as my stomach gave me a jolt of pain. I was still in the hospital. I tried to steady my breathing and I couldn't stop crying.

"Quinn" I heard a quiet voice and I picked my head up and saw my uncle. He ran to my bedside and wrapped his arms around me.

"Oh sweetheart I'm so sorry" his Australia accent was sticking out. I sobbed in to his shoulder and he just sat there and held me close to him.

"Why" I asked him finally and he hugged me tighter. "I don't know" his hand was on the back of my head. "I don't know" he breathed out. He lost his brother and sister in law. I cried more and more and he sat on the hospital bed with me.

"Am I-" I hiccuped. "What am I gonna. Do" I studdered and he held my hands as they shook. "That's why I'm here" he told me.

-little cheeky time skip‐

I walked with my bag in hand though the airport behind my uncle. He looked back every so often to make sure I was still with him. I was moving across the fucking world. I still couldn't wrap my head around it. I hadn't flown in a plane since I was 4 and I didn't remember that.

We went through security and bored on to the plane. "Its a pretty long flight. Why don't you get some rest" he offered and I nodded as my hands shook. I closed my eyes and tried to breath. All I could see was my dad on the floor. His clothes soaked in his own blood. I would have been next.

I opened my eyes again and blinked a couple times before looking out the window of the plane. My uncle was asleep before the plane took off which didn't bother me. He offered to house me so what ever he was doing was fine with me.

The flight was a very long one. I slept for maybe 4 hours in the middle and for the rest I was looking out the window or reading a book.

"Hey were almost there kiddo you ready?" My uncle nudged me and I shifted my body and nodded as I streached a bit. It was night time when we landed. I grabbed my bag and the rest of my stuff was being shipped of course.

I had a few bags that we checked just so I would have some stuff while the rest was getting here. He was quiet as we walked and I held my bag. "Alright were gonna grab the bags and then get to my house so we can sleep for the whole day" he smiled and I nodded.

I walked close behind him and I was looking at his feet. I felt someone knock into me and I stumbled backwards and hit the floor. Ow fuck I winced.

"Oh bloody hell. I didn't even see you there. You alright?" A tall man grabbed my arm and pulled me up and I held my stomach. "I'm ok, my uncle?" I looked around and the guy also looked.

"That him? What's his name?" He asked me quickly. "Raz" I spoke. "Oi Raz!" The tall man yelled and my uncle stopped and turned around. "Sorry about that" he smiled and walked off. My uncle walked back over and looked at the guy walking away.

"What a cunt" my uncle scoffed and I smiled just a little and continued to walk behind him. We grabbed a car and went back to his house. "Uh. Here's your room" he cleared his throat.

"I'll be fine. Go to sleep you've been up for 3 days now" I told him and he set my bag down and grabbed my arm and pulled me to him. "Good night" he kissed my head and hugged me. "Night" I told him and he walked out and shut the door.

I breathed as I looked around the foreign room. I didn't have my normal stuff. I wasn't in a normal place. I got changed and saw the many stitches in my stomach. I pulled my shirt down and went to lay in bed. I started to cry as I thought about my parents. I cried about everything that was going on until I finaly fell asleep.