2

-a month time skip-

Grief isn't somthing that can be explained. It's only somthing you can go though. Everyone does it different and there is no wrong way or right way to do it. All that matters is that you get though it.

"I'm off to work" my uncle messed my hair up and I smiled. "I thought I might look for a job too" I told him. "Quinn you don't have to do that. You need rest and to heal" he told me and I shrugged.

"Just a thought. I don't want to make you feel like you need to pay for everything. I can work" I told him and he nodded. "I know your very strong willed but for the time being I'm the adult. You are the kid" he told me and I nodded.

He walked out of the house and I hadn't really left since I got here. Sometimes he took me out for dinner or we would go shopping but that was about it. I didn't know anyone or anything around this place. I sat in my bedroom and some of my stuff had come in.

I was unpacking another box and placing stuff on my shelves. I pulled out a picture of my parents and looked down at it for a moment before a tear rolled off my cheek. I wiped it away and laid down on my bed. The day passed and my uncle came home.

"Hey I'm gonna make pasta for dinner does that sound good?" He asked me, and I nodded. "Sounds wonderful do you need help?" I asked him. "Uh I actually need some tomatoes and herbs from the store do you think you could run over there? Maybe some other stuff?" He asked me and I stood up off the couch and nodded.

"Of course. The one just down the road should have that stuff right?" I asked him and he nodded and wrote some stuff on a piece of paper.

"I've got some work to do and then I'll start making it." He smiled and handed me cash and a list. "Ok I'll be right back" I told him and he nodded. "Just call if you get lost" he told me and I held up my phone. I walked out the door and looked down at the list for a moment before putting it in my pocket with the money he had given me.

I walked into the store and hearing everyone talk with an accent was still something I was getting use to. Well I guess to them I'm the one with the accent. I had grabbed a little cart and had it hanging from my arm as I wandered down the isles. 

I had most of the stuff but I was looking for rice. It just said white rice on the list and it felt like I had walked though the whole store 12 times. I was aimlessly walking down another isle looking for a sign that said rice or anything similar.

"You seem a little lost" I heard a voice and I turned and saw the guy from the airport. "Oh my god. I ran in to you" he pointed and smiled a little bit. "Didn't mean to leave so quick my friends had been calling me" he chuckled. Tall. Brown blondish hair. Slim. Cute smile.

"Yeah, I am lost" I sighed and he looked a little shocked. "You're, american" he spoke and I nodded. "What are you looking for?" He asked and looked down at my list. So tall.

"Rice" I told him and he looked around the isle. "I think it's this way" he told me and I followed him. "Ah" he spoke and stopped and grabbed it from the shelf. "There it is" he told me and I smiled. "Thank you" I nodded.

"I didn't catch your name" he spoke as I went to walk off. "Its Quinn." I spoke and he nodded. "Quinn. Very nice. I'm Cameron" he told me. "Cameron. Very nice" I nodded and he laughed a little bit. He also held a basket with some stuff in it.

"Was that the last thing you needed?" He asked me and I nodded. "Yep I've never been here by my self before" I told him and he nodded. "Well come on we can walk together so we don't look so werid" he told me and I walked beside him up to the front.

The lady scanned my stuff as he stood behind me in line. I pulled out my money and Cameron handed over a card. "You can put this in there too" he slid his stuff over" he told her and the woman nodded.

"Oh you don't have to do that" I shook my head and got embarrassed. "I want to" he shrugged. I got red in the face as he paid for my stuff and I grabbed the bags. Only 2. He grabbed his stuff and we walked out.

"Well thank you" I told him and he smiled and nodded. "Are you walking?" He asked me as I went to walk down the street. "Yeah I only live a couple blocks down" I told him. Why would I say that. You don't know this man.

"I was gonna offer you a ride but that seemed a little creepy" he told me and I smiled and let out a little laugh. "It would have been" I nodded and he got red in the face. "Well uh" he set his stuff down and pulled his phone out.

"How about your number?" He asked me. My number? "Just so I can rest easy knowing you made it home ok" he offered and I told him my number. "Cool. I'll see yea Quinn" he nodded and walked to his car and I walked down the street and back to the house. I opened the door and Raz was making the food. It smelled amazing.

"It smells so good in here." I spoke as I set the groceries down and he beamed. "I'm glad you think so, its gonna be so good" he did a little dance. "You will never believe what happened to me" I told him and he raised an eyebrow and looked at me.