30

"Alright here we are" He spoke as we pulled up to my house. "Thank you baby" I leaned in and his face got red. "You're allowed to call me cute stuff but not the other way around?" I asked and he kissed me with a smile.

"I'll call you" he told me. "I'll be counting down the minutes" I kissed him quickly again and I got out of his car. I waved as I opened the door and he drove off.

"Raz!" I called and looked around the house. "Raz you here?" I called again but got no answer. Probably at work. I texted him quickly and went up to my room to put my clothes away and start some laundry. Wait. He said he was gonna quit. I looked at my bank account.
Loading. . .
Loading. .
My heart started to race as I thought about it.

Total Amount: $812,008,625.81

My heart felt like it stopped for a moment and my phone rang. Raz. "Hello" I spoke. "Hey kiddo. I know I said I was gonna quit my job but I haven't yet. Are you back home did you have fun?" He asked me and I was quiet and my heart was beating kinda fast.

"Quinn" he spoke quietly. "I'm here" I whispered. "I looked at my bank account and just-" I stopped. He was quiet. "I know kiddo. I can't believe it either. Maybe we could go crazy and get pizza tonight" he chuckled and I smiled.

"That sounds wonderful. Yes I did have fun" I told him and pushed my hair away from my face. "Good good. I'll see you when I get home. Like 2 more hours alright?" He spoke. "I gotcha. I'll see you then" I spoke and we hung up.

Total Amount: $812,008,625.81

I looked at the screen for a moment and sat down on my bed. I wanted to tell someone. I clicked out of the app and set my phone down. What the hell was I gonna do with all of that money? Why would they give it to me? The letter.

I stood up and grabbed it from my dresser. I held it in my hands and looked down at my dads handwriting. Just as bad as mine. I tore open the letter and there was one piece of paper and and a pendant. It was gold and had a compass engraved on it and a smaller triangle hanging down from the bottom. I opened the letter and took a deep breath.

Mom and Dad,

Quinn we are so proud of you and all the things you have accomplished in your life this far. It has been so Rewarding raising you. We know loosing us was hard but you are the strongest person and if anyone can get though it, it's you. The necklace in the envelope is for you to wear at all times. We hope it finds you well and please know that we love you.

We did everything we could to protect you from the truth but there are bad people out there searching for answers you don't have. We thought it was best to keep you out of it until you were older. Talk to your Uncle when ever your ready sweetheart.

We love you. We have always loved you so much. We are watching over you every day, and No matter what you feel we are always with you. Please know and remember that every single day you live your amazing life.

Love you Quinn
Mom and Dad.

I wiped my eyes. The truth of what? What truth. Talk to Raz? Does he know what happened? I was so confused. I clipped the necklace around and tucked it into my shirt.

I was breathing a little heavy and I read the letter over again as I scooted back on my bed. Protect me from the truth. I read the letter over and over again until the words were blurry.

"Hey Quinn. I'm home!" I heard Raz and I walked out and he was in the kitchen. "What is this" I demanded and held up the letter. "Looks like a piece of paper" he scrunched his eyebrows.

"We did everything we could to protect you from the truth but there are bad people out there searching for answers you don't have. We thought it was best to keep you out of it until you were older. Talk to your uncle when ever your ready." I read part of the letter and he looked confused.

"Talk to me about what?" He asked and I threw my hands up as I was getting angry. "Do you know why they were killed?" I asked him directly. "No Quinn. If I knew I swear I would tell you" he looked at me and my chest was tight and my face had dry tears on it.

"Raz. What. What does this mean" I waved the paper. "I don't know" he shook his head. "Please just tell me" I begged and walked around the counter.

"Quinn I don't know why they would say that. I don't know anything" he began to raise his voice. "Then why would they write it!" I screamed and grabbed on to his jacket. "I-I don't know" he spoke quietly.

I started to sob and he pulled me to his chest. He held me tight and I buried my face in his chest. He brought me upstairs as I clutched the letter in my hand. He covered me up but didn't say anything as he turned the light off and shut the door.

I cried some more until I finally fell asleep. I woke up and it was dark outside. Ugh. I grabbed my phone. Missed call from Cameron. I tapped on his contact to text him.

Sorry I didn't answer just going though some stuff today.

I waited for a moment hoping he would answer. I really wanted to see him right now. I felt tears prick my eyes as I thought about what I said to Raz. I hear the paper crinkle under me and I grabbed if and got up. My eyes glided over the paper and I put it in my top drawer. My phone lit up and I walked over and grabbed it. He texted back.

Hey. You're fine. Are you ok?

Cried a little bit, then took a nap. Just woke up. Can I come over?

Of course. Let me get my shoes on and I'll meet you half way

Thank you

I clicked off and stood up again. I grabbed a jacket and I quietly walked out of the house and pulled my shoes on. I walked down the street and after a couple minutes I saw him walk under a street light. He smiled as he saw me and I walked a bit quicker.

"Hey Quinn I was-" he stopped midsentence as I wrapped my arms around him. Don't cry. Do not cry. "What's goin on?" He asked in a softer voice as he hugged me.

"Bad couple of hours" I told him and he squeezed me tight as I buried my face in his chest. "You wanna go back to my place? I was just about to order some food" he told me and I nodded. We walked and he grabbed my hand.