16

Cam had dropped me back off at home and I was doing laundry and the dishes, and other things that needed to be done. I was outside for a little bit and was moving some rocks so I could plant some stuff in the back yard. I'd have to ask Raz. I was sitting looking at the rocks and I found a perfect one.

"Oh my god" I jumped up off the ground and I ran inside. I washed it off a little bit and went to go put it with my stuff. I giggled a little. It looked like a frog. A frog rock. How wonderful.

After doing some stuff around the house I was sitting and reading a book on the couch. I heard the door handle jiggle and my head shot up. I got a little nervous and started to get up. Did I lock it? Raz pushed open the door and I breathed.

"Hey kiddo" he smiled and I smiled. "Hey how was your trip?" I asked him and he shrugged. "It was fine. My job isn't to bad" he shrugged. I wasn't really sure what he did. He tried to explain it once. He sold stuff to large companies and then bought stuff.

"How have you been? Please tell me you haven't been here the whole time" he closed the door with his foot and out his stuff in the table. "No I was hanging out with Cameron mostly." I nodded not wanting to go in to specifics.

"You could stay at his place I've got a dinner meeting that might run late" he frowned. "I uh. Yeah I'll have to ask" I nodded and he smiled.

"Can I plant some flowers and stuff in the back yard?" I asked him and he nodded. "Yeah that would be wonderful. There are some large rocks that I might have to help you move" he offered and I smiled.

"I started moving them and got distracted by a rock that looked like a frog" I chuckled. "You are so much like your mother. In the middle of giving birth to you she had an idea for her book and demanded that your father write it down" he laughed, and I smiled.

"Well I'm gonna get dressed and I'm goin. You sure you're ok?" He asked and walked over to me and I nodded. "Yeah I'm good" I nodded. "I'm sorry I'm not around much" he told me sadly. "Your job is very important" I spoke and he kissed the top of my head.

"Thank you for being the best niece ever" he told me. "I'm your only neice" I called as he walked to his room. I was reading my book and about an hour later he was walking out the door.

"So you sure you're good?" He asked me and I nodded. "Positive" I assured him. "And you're going to Camerons tonight?" He pulled on his shoes. "That's the plan" I told him. "For the love of God do not get pregnant. Your parents would roll over in there graves and haunt me forever" he spoke and I laughed. "I wont" I told him.

"And make sure he's nice to you. I'm gonna have to have a sit down with that boy and tell him what's what" he looked at me and I laughed. "Its so nice to see you smile" he told me and smiled. "I'm feeling better" I told him.

"That's good. I'll see you tomorrow" he told me and I got up and walked to the door with him. "Be careful driving" I told him. "Never" he shook his head and got in his car. I waved as he drove off. I shut the door and went back to my book and I was on my phone a little, but I was almost done with the book.

My eyes glided down the page and the scene was getting intense. The main and there enemy were in a huge fight. Swords and an open field. I heard my phone ring. My blade sliced though the air as he jumped back. Ring.

'He laughed at me which made me more angry so I swung again.' Ring. I blinked and picked up my phone. "Hello?" I spoke and looked at the book.

"Hey girl. Can I come get you?" Camerons voice rang though. "Did you just call me girl?" I chuckled. "Would baby or ma have been better?" He asked and my face started to get hot. "I'm at home. Are you done with work?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm walking to my car now. What are you doing?" He asked. "Just reading. Raz came home and then left for a dinner meeting told me I should stay at your place tonight" I fold him. "Did you tell him you've been staying at my place?" He questioned.

"Of course not. He told me you and him were gonna have a sit down so he could tell you whats what" I smiled. "I can't wait for that. I'm by my car now I'll be there in 20 minutes" he told me. "Alright. See you in 20" I spoke and we both hung up.

I went pee quickly and I continued with my book. The door bell rang after a while and I picked my head up and looked back down at my book. "Come in!" I yelled. "Unless your a robber" I shouted. "Just me" Cameron walked in and I was almost done with my book.

"So your uncle said-" "Wait hold on" I told him quickly and he shut the door and walked over to me. He was quiet as he sat down and I turned my page. He had leaned his head against his hand and was looking at me as I read. I flipped the page.

I was tearing up at the end and I closed the book. I looked at him and he wiped a tear from my cheek and I smiled. "Hi" I told him. "Oh my god" I gasped and stood up. "I have a gift for you" I told him and he rasied his eyebrows.

"What is it?" He asked and I set my book down and ran up stairs to my bed room. I grabbed the rock and hid it behind my back and he was standing up now. "Close your eyes" I told him and he did. I grabbed his hand and he laid it out flat for me. I put the frog rock in his hand. "Its cold" he told me.

"Open" I spoke and he looked down and smiled. "It looks like a frog" he brought it closer to his face with a smile. "I found it outside while I was moving rocks" I told him and he chuckled and pulled me close to him. "Thank you I love it" he told me. He held it in his hand and I looked up at him.

"Are you ready to go or are there more rocks to be moved?" He asked me. "No I'm ready" I told him and he nodded.