Despair

Alex's pov
-
"I'll be taking a temporary leave of absence after Thanksgiving."
-
I was shocked to hear those words, I didn't know what to say to him other than, 'If you think that's best, then I'll support your decision.'
-
Breaking the silence, I finally spoke up, "Can I ask why?"
-
Luca nods, "Despite having a fight with another member, I've been informed that there's an urgent matter back at home."
-
I noticed him tearing up a bit, I decided to comfort him. "Alright, If you think that's best then I support your decision. But will Levi be leaving too?" I asked
-
He shakes his head, "No." He says, "I want him to stay no matter what."
-
"Are you sure?" I ask, "If it's family emergency then surely he must go as well."
-
Luca shakes his head, "Alex, as much as I want Levi to come with me and help out the family, I just can't accept him coming. He must stay and help you come up with more ideas for future videos." He says
-
"If that's what you want, alright. How long will your break be?" I asked
-
"Who knows, maybe a couple of months." He sighs
-
"And have you told Y/n about your upcoming break?"
-
"No," He shook his head,  "I'll tell her as soon as possible."
-
"Maybe now is the right time" I said
-
"You think so?" He asks
-
I nod in response.
-
"It's Y/n"  I said, "She'll understand the reason why you're taking a break."
-
"You're right." He says as he gets up from the chair. "Thanks Alex, I'll go talk to her right now."
-
I smile as I walked him to the door, "Good luck and also tell them we'll be recording soon." I said
-
"I will" He says as he walks out
-
End of Alex's pov.
-
Luca's pov
-
I walked down the hall wiping the tears that were rolling down my face. All I could think about was Y/n's reaction to my decision of taking a break.
-
"How should I tell her?" I thought to myself.
-
"How about, Y/n, I will be leaving the squad for a bit. Don't wait up on me."
-
My eyes widened as I realized how idiotic and dramatic I sounded, I scrunched my hair as I was frustrated. 'Why is this so complicated?' I asked myself.
-
I finally made my way downstairs, nobody was in the living room though. Making my way to the kitchen, I see Levi sitting in the corner of room with Miss Misa on his lap.
-
"Why are you alone?" I ask him
-
He looks up at me and gave me a slight smile, "I just wanted to get away from everybody." He said, "And you?"
-
I sat down beside him, "I just finished talking to Alex, but it looks like I still need to get a few things off my chest."
-
"Let me guess, you're not sure how to tell Y/n about you taking a break from the squad?" He says, I looked over at him with a shocked look, "How did you know?" I asked
-
"It's quite obvious, Luca. I'm your brother, I'd know when you'd be having some troubles." He says
-
If only you knew what was happening back at home though..
-
"What do you think I should do?" I ask, "I think you're overthinking this. Just tell her the truth, she'll understand since she's an easy person to talk to." He responds
-
"You're right, I shouldn't be overthinking this at all, I'll tell her tonight, thanks brother." I got up from my chair, but before heading to the kitchen, I looked back at Levi and smiled.
-
"I also have a favor to ask you.." I said, Levi looks up tilting his head, making a slight 'Hm?' sound. I look down for a second then putting my attention back on him, "Take care of her for me." I said
-
"Huh?" His expressions changed to a more of a shocked one,  "How long will you be gone for?" He asks
-
"Honestly, I have no idea. I told Alex a couple of months, but I lied." I said while lowering my head down, "But please make her happy. For me."
-
I walked away, Levi's words began to muffle. I could hear my heart pounding along with the sound of ringing. My throat tightened, I couldn't speak. I then felt a hand on my shoulder, It turned to see who it was, It was Y/n. My eyes widened as I noticed the tears rolling down her face. It was clear to me that she had heard Levi and I's conversation, behind her was Charli and Light. Looks like they've heard as well. I stood there not knowing what to do other than comfort her.
-
"Why're you leaving so suddenly?" She silently asks. I had noticed that her body was trembling, I bit down on the bottom of my lip and sighed
-
"As much as I don't want to, I have to." I said, "Y/n, please hear me out."
-
"We'll be outside.." Said Charli as she grabs Light's hand, "Aw hell nah, I wanna watch!" Light yelled. I gave him a glare and pushed him out the kitchen. I then grabbed Y/n's hand and sat us down at the table. I couldn't make eye contact with her, It was so hard to look at her face, as I knew that her sadness was because of me.
-
Silence took over, I couldn't say a word to her, until she spoke. "Well, Why are you leaving?" She asks
-
I looked at her, most of her tears were gone however the sadness on her face wasn't. I placed my hand on top of hers and began to speak,
-
"Earlier, I've gotten a call from home." I said, "I'd rather not get into the details, but the situation itself is pretty serious."
-
"I'm not against you going away, Luca." She says, "But why did you ask Levi that one favor?"
-
"Because.. I don't know if I'll actually return." I said, "I may have told Alex that I'll be gone for a couple of months but now that I think about it, I really don't know anymore."
-
"Then are you suggesting we should break up?"
-
My eyes widened once I heard her say the one thing I did not want to hear from her. I looked up at Y/n who's face was puffy from crying. The last thing I'd want to do was make my girlfriend cry especially because of me.
-
"No. Let's not break up yet." I said, "Let's wait until I officially leave."
-
I only have until after Thanksgiving...