Yesterday

Alex's POV
I was walking the dogs at the park with Zach since it was such a beautiful day to go out. The fresh breeze in the air was such a relaxation, seeing the ducks swim in the lake along with the koi fish in the water, I can consider this day a date with Zach.
-
"Hanako come on boy! No need to be afraid of the ducks" I said with a soft voice.
-
Hanako for some reason is afraid of the ducks. I can hear Zach chuckling in the background as he's walking Laika. I look back down at Hanako to him still being afraid of the ducks so the good dog mother I am, I decided to carry him.
-
"Only this once because you're scared." I said to Hanako. "But later I'll put you down to play in the leaves with Laika"
-
After some time, I finally put Hanako down so he could play in the leaves with Laika. I smile to see the sight of Zach playing fetch with both of them. Feeling hungry, I get up to adjust my skirt, then shouting for Zach to hear me.
-
"ZACH! I'LL BE RIGHT BACK! I'M GOING TO BUY SOME SNACKS FOR US" I shouted.
-
Zach nodded as a response. I smiled, then leaving him alone with the dogs. There was a snack bar. Walking up to it, I noticed someone familiar working there.
-
"Y/n? Is that you?" I asked the woman
-
The woman's expressions changed after she saw me. It is her.
-
"Alex! What're you doing here?" She said
-
"I'm just here with my boyfriend and our dogs! How have you been? It's been so long since we've seen each other." I said with a smile
-
"I'm doing good along with this side business. What can I get for you?" She said, showing her the menu of snacks, drinks etc.
-
"Hmm, I think i'll just have two Island Passion smoothies along with a turkey sandwich & a candy apple." I say pulling out my wallet
-
"Oh no! You don't have to pay. It's on me"
-
I gave her a shocked look, I mustn't let her do that. I take out my card to fully suggest that I will pay.
-
"Y/n it's okay! I will pay. I already pulled out my card anyways" I laughed
-
Y/n agreed with me paying for the food and drinks. I get that she was trying to be nice but having her cover my payment wouldn't make me feel right. Once I paid, I left her a $15 tip.
-
"Before I go, I was wondering if you would want to hang out tomorrow" I asked her
-
She paused but then smiled. "I'd love to! We need to catch up after all those years."
-
I nodded and gave her a smile. After she handed me the drinks and candy apples, I wrote down the address to the mansion and said our goodbyes.
-
End of Alex's POV