Chapter 3

A/N Surprise! I had some free time so I thought I would write a chapter. Thanks for being so understanding of my being unable to add to the story for so long. I definitely needed to get back to this and enjoyed writing this chapter. I ended up breaking up with my boyfriend last week so I have some more time now then what I did. Although work is still crazy and will continue to be so. I got a promotion. They took my old job and combined it with another job, which was the best option all around, but now it means I am doing all of my old responsibilities and but added a lot more to it. I love my job though so I'm happy with it all. I did get a raise with it too so that helps. Hopefully with some time freeing up I'll be able to update at least once a week. Sometimes more when things are a little slower. I hope you all enjoy this one. This one will be a longer ride than the other two books were but I'm excited to tell the story as Screw will also be getting a love interest in this book. Happy Reading!

Chapter 3

Buster's POV

So far I've kept my distance from her, but I have been watching her. Every time a brother comes up to her I can see her walls go right back. I know when someone is wearing a mask and I'm starting to see that even her interactions with the other women seem forced for her. I'm starting to think that maybe Screw is right and that someone has hurt her. People have really showed up tonight, there are even a couple of our allies here. Though Hawk decided tonight this party wouldn't include any of the clubwhores. I can't say I blame him after all that happened with Cherry, but I know the guys do not mind giving them up for one night for Flame. She's made a huge difference here and she's not just the prez's old lady but she's family. We'll do anything for family.

"You realize you look like a creep sitting here staring at her like this all night?" Ink asked from beside me.

I rolled my eyes and took another swig from my beer. "I'm just trying to figure her out." I could tell she had noticed me watching her even though she was trying to act like she didn't.

"Well you're probably freaking her out. Just go up and try and talk to her." Ink replied as if it was the easiest thing to do.

"Haven't you paid attention to her interactions with the other brothers? She's standoffish and tense whenever any of them come near her," I explained to him before letting out a frustrated groan. "I don't want to scare her off before I even have a chance to make a move."

"Look it looks like her drink is getting low, take her another one. It gives you an excuse to be near her and maybe find an opening." Ink suggested. He always was the more sensible one. The guys are always going to him when they are struggling with some problem. He's always been wise beyond his years.

I nodded to Ink before walking over to the coolers and grabbing Indi another beer before making my way over.

Indigo's POV

There are so many men here. I feel like my blood pressure has to be sky high at this point with the amount of anxiety I am feeling. I just keep trying to take deep breaths and remember I am doing this for Ember and that I owe it to her. I didn't know that there were going to be other clubs here. Ember explained that because Hawk is the president of this club and getting married it is a big deal and so their allies want to show their support of him. I'm just trying to come off as calm until it would be acceptable for me to go upstairs to the room Ember had set up for me. I really tried to tell her I could stay at a hotel but she wouldn't hear of it.

I'd been sitting and talking with Cass and her kids for the past 20 minutes and that had helped to calm my nerves. I've always liked kids but after what happened to me I do not know if I could bring myself to bring kids into this world. Cass and Gage are wonderful people to have adopt all of these kids. Five kids all at once is a huge undertaking but something tells me that they will handle it just fine despite the bumps in the road that might happen. Lisa and Trevor seem unsure still of their surroundings but they seem to be coping well. Ember had decided to make Harley and Emmy her ring bearer and flower girl to be carried by Trevor and Lisa. She wanted the kids to feel like they are a part of the family. Both were excited to be included.

I had noticed that the men seemed to respect them women here and none were rough or mistreating at all. In fact, they seemed to respect and care for their women even the visiting clubs. Though Ember did mention that they have "clubwhores" that are not here tonight but she explained that those women all have the option to say no at any time and none of the men would force them to do anything. I cannot imagine allowing myself to be used by these men in that way though I cannot imagine any man being that way with me at all after everything I have been through. That man Buster had still be watching me throughout the evening, it was unnerving. I'm not sure what to make of him.

I must have zoned out because the next thing I knew there was another beer in front of my face. I jumped back out of instinct and shook my head a little to clear of the unwanted memories trying to creep in. I looked to see Buster was the one holding the beer out to me. He had a big smile on his face, but I could tell that there was a lot of the time his smile was faked. Someone who always wears masks to hide behind can recognize when someone else is doing it too. "I saw that you were running low and just thought you'd like another one. I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you." Buster explained while still holding the beer out to me.

I gave him my tight smile and took the beer from him with a firm nod. I hoped he would figure out that I didn't want to talk to him.

"It was really nice of you to come here to support Flame," It looked like Buster was not going to take the hint that his attention was not wanted. "You know when Ember got the letter from her parents she hid away in her room for days and wouldn't let anyone in. Poor Hawk didn't know what to do; he tried everything he could think of to get her to come out on his own." My heart hurt for Ember hearing that. I knew it had crushed her that her parents refused to come. "He doesn't know it but we all know Blade is the one that got her to come out." Buster pointed over to the man standing next to Amelia holding her tight to his side. He seemed like the quiet brooding type but anytime Amelia spoke or laughed his eyes would light up. "He broke into their room armed with junk food and talked some sense into her about what true family is. She means a lot to all of us and has changed all of us for the better. When she found out you were coming she was so happy to have a piece of her family coming to support her." I was striving to maintain my cold exterior but hearing how much they care for Ember was melting it away. After all that she's gone through I'm so happy she found people that care for her the way she cares for others. If only I could find that. I didn't even notice that a tear had begun to fall down my cheek until I felt Buster wipe it away. I gasped and jerked away while also dropping my beer at the feeling of electricity that went through me from just that touch. I felt myself begin to panic unsure of how to handle that emotion.

Buster seemed to notice my breathing had picked up. "Hey, I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you." He reached out to put his hand on my shoulder.

I took a step back and I could see hurt flash in his eyes. "It's fine. I think I'll go to bed now." I quickly got out before abruptly turning and speed walking back inside making a bee line right for the bedroom that Ember had shown me to.

I quickly opened the door and locked it before sliding down the other side of it holding my knees to my chest. I am going to have to stay away from him. He doesn't deserve to be burdened with my problems. Besides, once he finds out how damaged I am he won't want me. It was then that I released the tears I had been holding in overwhelmed by the feelings I was having towards Buster, being in this compound, and the things I will never have.