Chapter 23

A/N Another double update day! 

Red's POV

I could see the hesitancy in Indi, so I thought I'd help her out and go first. "I will."

Felicia nodded and Indi looked relieved.

"My parents never really cared much about me. I was mostly ignored, they seemed to forget about me most of the time. Starting at 6 I had to start making my own food or I knew I would go hungry more nights than not. I had to get to get myself to school, clean my clothes, basically if anything was going to be done for me, I had to be the one to do it. They were never physically abusive, but they were neglectful. My father had a gambling problem and my mom's choice of poison was cocaine. I think she whored herself out some and maybe even dad whored her out. I'm not sure. I made sure that my teachers and other adults didn't figure out what was going on. I had heard stories of foster care and I knew I could possibly end up in an even worse situation. At least there no one bothered me, and I had a roof over my head. I learned early on to adapt and be what I needed to be to fake it until I made it so no one would figure things out." I shrugged with my explanation. Screw looked livid at my explaining my parents. "When I was 13 my dad came home one day, and I could instantly tell something was wrong. He was in a cold sweat and muttering to himself. My mom was passed out high in their bedroom and that made him mad. He started shouting about how all his money went up her nose. Then in the middle of his ranting he looked at me and I swear I saw a light go off behind his eyes. It was like just then after years of neglect he remembered he had a daughter." I rolled my eyes at that because my dad really was an idiot. "He told me that I was to stay at the house and he would be back soon. I wasn't sure what to make of it, because like I said most of the time, they just ignored me. An hour later I heard bikes outside. My father came through the door with 3 other rough looking men. He didn't even bother talking to me. He asked if I would be enough. The other bikers licked their lips and while the one in charge looked at me like he was assessing my value like antique watch or something. Finally, he nodded and snapped his fingers to the other two men who came forward and grabbed me. I started screaming and trying to get away from them, but it was no use, my pleas fell on death ears, and I wasn't strong enough to take on two men. Later I found out my father had gotten into debt to the MC and He decided to use me to pay it off."

"You've got be fucking kidding me? What kind of parents ignore the child and then decide to sell her?" Screw seethed. "Your parents are monsters just like Bird's. And just like Bird's we're going to kill them."

I smiled sadly at him, "That same MC already beat you to it. Less than a month later he'd already gotten himself in debt with him again and he had nothing else of value to them, so they killed him and my mom. They tortured them first though. Anyways, they didn't touch me much thankfully. They figured out I was a virgin and said they'd get more money if I stayed that way. I was grateful for that small mercy. I was kept in a basement of some old house. There were 8 other girls there ranging from 15-21. I was the youngest. They kept us locked in dog cages like animals." I said spitefully. I saw the sadness in Indi's eyes in hearing me talk. None of this was easy for her and I know she was still carrying a lot of guilt, that was not hers. "Drake and his father showed up one day and one by one when down the line of cages looking over each girl. When they saw me though, I knew by the look in their eyes they would be choosing me. It was never revealed to me how much they paid for me. They took me home that day. It was like they showed up to check out the latest models of cars and checked them out one by one for all the traits they possessed and landed on me. It was that easy of a transaction. Drake was positively gleeful. He kept telling me how he was going to paint me in so many colors and he couldn't wait to see his newest masterpiece." I spat out. I noticed Indi shiver at that. Drake had said he thought of her as his greatest masterpiece.

"What happened once they got you to their house?" Felicia asked.

"They went through their rules with me. Said I couldn't ever leave the house unless they accompanied me and that as only to go to their shop of horrors. I was expected to help the Misses clean and cook, but really, she didn't do any of it. I was expected to do everything they asked. I was never allowed to say no. They informed me they would be having sex with me. There were a lot of rules. If I broke a rule I would be punished. They got to determine whatever punishment they want to give out. They told me I was to go into the bathroom and use all the products on the counter and then come into the bedroom. That night they took all my virginities by force. Once they were done, they locked me in a closet naked with no supplies. They said I deserved to be punished for fighting them. They left me in there for 2 days. When I was brought out Drake took me to their shop for the first time and proceeded to paint my skin."

"What do you mean he painted your skin?" Felicia asked confused by my phrasing.

"Drake fancied himself an artist. But he didn't use paints or markers. He liked to use his hands, whips, chains, and really anything that would help him to leave a mark. He likes to bruise the skin, but he is also fond of burning it as well. He liked to call me his greatest masterpiece." Indi answered Felicia, though she spoke as though she was in a daze lost in her memories. "Even from a young age he liked seeing me hurt. It brings him joy to inflict pain on others. You can see the glee in his eyes. I know my father trained him to do a lot of the things he does, but I think Drake was born a monster. My father just helped him fine tune his skills so he could be a more effective monster." Indi got quiet then and after a few seconds shook her head a little and seemed to remember where she was. Buster was looking at her with the saddest expression.

I figured it would be best if I jumped in to give Indi a break from sharing. It was obvious this was so hard for her to revisit these things. "After that I knew avoiding punishments was going to be key to my survival. I was great at blending in and adapting from growing up with my parents. I could tell it annoyed Drake I didn't act out much, he would talk about Indi and how much he got to play with her. Sometimes when his parents were gone, he would take me out to the shop and punish me for some stupid reason. I think he needs to hurt people, to feed the monster inside of him. I tried to get the misses to help me once, she tricked me and made sure they caught me. I didn't try much to escape after that. I hoped that one day a time would come that an opportunity would come, and I could make another attempt at freedom. My life went on, following their rules and biding my time." I looked to Indi then, "When they said who you were I knew my last chance had finally come. They were going to get another girl a week from the day you showed up at the house. I was to stay on to help them train her to teach her to be their perfect slave, but then my only role was to be a cook and a maid. I don't know if they would have followed through with that. I think they would have killed me once they felt the new girl was going to be how they wanted her to be. My days were numbered, until Indi walked through that door. You saved my life and finally gave me an opportunity to live free." Indi was crying now.

"I don't understand you Cleo, you should hate me for my relation to those monsters alone and yet here you are crediting me with saving your life. I ruined it" Indi cried.