Chapter 13

A/N Hoping to crank out another chapter today. Enjoy!

Chapter 13

Cleo's POV

After Indigo had escaped

I knew helping Indigo was a risk. I've only ever tried to escape one other time. I asked the Misses to help me. She tricked me though and allowed me to be caught. I really believed she was going to help me, and she wanted me to believe it. She had comforted me and empathized with my situation. Made me believe she was on my side. The satisfaction in saw on her face as she watched me take on the consequences of my attempt is a look I will never forget. They didn't feed me for 2 weeks and left me a dark closet with no light and only a bucket to pee in and 2 bottles of water to last me the 2 full weeks. Then they beat me and warned me against ever trying again. I prayed and begged for death to take me even conscious moment I had of those 2 weeks, but my prayers and pleas went unanswered causing me to give up on that notion.

Once I knew they were going to find another girl, I couldn't allow someone else to go through this. I knew Indi was my last shot at freedom. Once she was running towards the woods I went back inside. I turned around from closing the door and drake was standing in the entry to the kitchen. By the look in his eyes, I could see he was still high.

"Awe Cleo baby, what were you doing outside? That's not like you to go out without permission. Has my sister appearing made you more careless? I'm going to have to paint your body again." It was then I could tell he noticed something out the back window. His eyes and widened and he stormed towards the window.

When he turned around rage had overtaken is features. "What have you done you stupid bitch?" He screamed at me before [punching me hard causing my head to bounce off the counter when I fell. I was dizzy and seeing spots. I heard drake dash to the back door and fling it open before running down the back steps. A few seconds later I heard his scream of anger. He came back inside and yelled up the steps for his father before taking his gun out the back of his jeans and taking off out the back door.

His dad came stumbling into the kitchen, "What hell is all that racket?" He looked at me, then the opened back door, and towards their shop and by the angry look he gave me next, he must have figured out what happened. "FUCK!" he shouted, before stumbling out the back door.

Hopefully Indigo had enough of a head start to make it to her car, or we're both dead for sure. Hopefully she comes back for me, was my final thought before the dizziness of my head overtook me and darkness washed over me.

Buster's POV

Someone has broken my Little Bird. They are going to suffer. I'm going to take great pleasure in breaking them. No one will ever hurt my Little Bird again. Anger was coming off me in waves and as we entered Church many of the brothers were had a confused look on their faces when they saw the state, I was in. Everyone was used to me being jovial and having a smile on my face at nearly all times.

Gage was the one to share what Little Bird had told us had happened to her and that there was still another woman in danger. The other brothers were only getting more and more angry. Until outraged shouts filled the room demanding retribution.

I noticed Hawk had been keeping his locked on me this whole time. Finally, he slammed his fist onto the table and everyone became silent. "You claiming her?" He asked me.

"Little Bird is mine." I boldly answered him.

Hawk nodded his head at me before finally taking his eyes off me and addressing the rest of the room, "You heard it men, Bird was already a part of our family because her connection to Flame and now she is Buster's Old Lady. We're going to Oklahoma men." A cheer went up at that. The blood thirst in the air was palpable, but the men quieted down again once Hawk spoke again. "Our number one goal is to rescue Cleo and our second is to end Bird's dad and brother. We're going to get retribution for not just bird and Cleo but for Little Flame too." His voice was a growl at the end of his statement.

All the men froze hearing that. Not realizing it included her too and taken in what that meant. A layer of darkness overtook the room upon this new revelation. Those two men's days on this earth were numbered.

"I know we all want retribution, but remember we have to be smart about this. Take them out quietly." Axel spoke up cutting through the tension that continued to rise. He turned towards Hawk and asked, "Are we going to bring them here to end them?"

"Yes." I answered in a deep low voice causing all eyes to turn to me, I could tell they were taken aback at the level of darkness that no doubt taken over my face. "We'll capturing them quietly yes, but once they get back here, we are going to make them scream. They're going to regret fucking with Blood & Bones property. Hell, they're going to regret ever being born by the time I'm done with them." I turned my face to Blade when I spoke my last sentence and he gave me a nod to say he was with me and would help me with this. I knew he was dedicated to this MC but even more, so I knew the connection he shared with Little Flame. There was no way he wouldn't avenge her.

"Axel is right, we'll do this quietly. It's a 7-hour drive to Oklahoma. We're not taking the bikes. It'll be too noticeable. We'll take a Van for us to haul them back and a truck. Doc is coming with us since we have no clue what state Cleo will be in, but Cass will remain here and look after Bird. We all can't go. So it will be me, Buster, Blade, Ink, Screw, Tank, Trip, and Doc going. Gage will in charge here. Everyone stays on the Ranch until we get back. When we come through the gate make sure all women and kids are upstairs or in the med room in Bird and Cass's case. That way we can get them into the basement without all of them seeing. The less the women know the better." Hawk gave out the orders.

I could tell some of the men were disappointed to not be going but also understood the need for us to be under the radar. I didn't want to leave my Little Bird but I couldn't not go and make sure these fuckers are taken care of and she is truly safe.

Once Hawk announced we'd be leaving in an hour since Doc needed to gather up some supplies and dismissed Church I made a bee line for my Little Bird. She was awake and staring at the ceiling when I came in, Cass looked at me with sad eyes before saying she would give us a few minutes of privacy. I made my way over to my Little Bird and gently stroked her face. A single tear slid out of her eye and down her face. I wiped it away and then she turned to me. Her blue eyes showed the storm she had raging inside of her.

"Why?" was all she asked me.

"Because I saw the mask you were wearing and could see the beauty behind it. I wanted to be a part of helping you shed that mask and heal your broken wings Little Bird." She closed her eyes tightly at that as more tears fell from her eyes.

"You shouldn't want me. I'm no good. Too broken." She whispered out in anguish.

"I told you Little Bird, I wear a mask too. I'm broken and no good, but I think we could help each other heal." She looked at me then searching for the truth in my eyes. I allowed the mask to fully fall and for her to truly see me.

She let out a small gasp, "I don't know how to let anyone in." She shook her head and tried to turn away. The emotions too much for her.

I gently grasped her chin and turned her back to me. "Me neither Little Bird, but we'll learn together." With that I bent and kissed her forehead. "We're going to leave soon, but when we get back, I've ensured no one will ever hurt you again you and I are going to start this journey of helping to heal each other's brokenness. Because Little Bird I cannot wait to see you fly." With that I turned and left her room letting my fury back in. I was going to ensure her freedom from the chains of her past and then I would come back and make good on my promise of seeing her fly.

Her father and brother better enjoy their last hours on this earth because when I get ahold of them, they will never enjoy anything again. One way to heal my Little Bird is to slay her monsters and lucky for her me and my brothers are all too familiar with slaying the monsters of this world. Time to go slaying.