Chapter 10

Indigo's POV

            Despite Ember's insistence I waited until the morning of the baby shower to come to the Ranch ensuring I would miss the guys. I know I'm being a chicken, but I feel like if everyone knew everything they would understand. My mom finally has stopped calling the past week so hopefully that means she has given up.

            "Alright Flame, open another gift!" Pearl calls out breaking me out of my thoughts. The two prospects, Charge and Shadow, were in charge of bringing over her gifts and keeping the girls drinks filled. They both looked miserable and like they'd rather be anywhere but here.

            Ember had already opened up gifts with cute onesies and even a little leather jacket for the baby to wear that had the Blood & Bones MC logo on the back.

            "Alight alright." Ember laughed as she accepted another bag from Charge. "Let's see, this one is from Cass." She pulled the tissue out and explained loudly as she pulled out a stuffed motorcycle along with a teddy bear in his own leather jacket. "I love it Cass! Thank you! I know that no matter if little baby is a boy or girl loving motorcycles will be a must if Hawk has anything to do with it." Ember joked while rolling her eyes.

            "Are ya'll still going with the name Phoenix whether it Is a boy or girl." Cass asked.

            "Yup! Hawk said it's perfect. I brought I woke up his black heart and now this little one is a part of both of us starting a new life together. Born from the ashes of our past and looking towards the future with newness."  Ember explained.

            Suddenly we hear the rumble of bikes coming from outside. We all share confused looks before the girls all get up and rush out the door in excitement. Me on the other hand am about to have a panic attack. They were supposed to be gone until tomorrow? I went out to join the group and see what was going on, while also beginning to plot my escape route

            "Y'all were supposed to be gone until tomorrow." Tequila called out. "We were supposed to get a full 24 hours of no testosterone time!" I noticed the Charge and Shadow giving her a very disgruntled look at that last comment.

            "Well, I just couldn't stay away plus Cass helped me to arrange a special surprise for my Little Flame." Hawk smiled down at Ember saying this. "Come around to the house with me?" He asked Ember she nodded quickly and took his offered hand.

            People began making their way through the clubhouse. I noticed Buster watching me from across the parking lot during this interaction but averted my gaze. As people started to head inside, he began making his way towards me, but I quickly caught up with Hawk and Ember.

            A lot of the guys stayed in the clubhouse since there wouldn't be enough space for everyone in their house. Hawk lead Ember to the door of the room that would be their nursery. "I know we said we wanted to wait to find out the gender of the baby together after your baby shower and we made it back, but I talked Cass into telling me so I could do this for you and our little one. I love you Little Flame and you are giving me the greatest gift of our son." He then opened the door and Ember gasped as tears sprung to her eyes.

            Inside the nursery nearly all the furniture was a dark brown stained wood and then a comfy looking cream colored rocking chair. There was a dark brown and white cow hide on the floor.  The wall behind the crib was the best part though, someone had painted a mural of a Phoenix rising from the ashes. It looked like so real, like the bird could suddenly fly off the wall at any moment.

            "Ink painted the mural. Several of the guys helped with building the crib, changing table, dresser, and hooks on the wall. They all wanted to be a part of this for you Little Flame. To show you how much you mean to them." Hawk explained. Ember threw her arms around his neck.