Chapter 30

Indigo's POV

Waking up I hear people whispering, but I cannot make out who they are. My eyelids feel heavy, and my throat feels so dry. Finally, I'm able to open my eyes and I see Doc, Felicia, and Buster are the voices I'm hearing. "What happened?" I croak out.

Buster turns to grab me some water and I gladly take some. "Do you remember our conversation last night?" He asks me gently.

"Umm," My brain feels so foggy, "you were telling me what Felicia said?" I phrased more as a question.

Felicia stepped forward then and answered before Buster could, "Yes, Buster said when he was explaining things you got to upset and Doc had to sedate you."

It came crashing back to me. He wasn't letting me have a choice. "Buster wasn't letting me have a choice."

"Indi it wasn't about taking your choices away. We just want to be certain you are safe, and you are able to heal the best you can." Felicia calmly explained. I could see Buster behind her. He looked so lost.

"Buster said you had already decided on my treatment and that I need to go on anti-depressants and lots of therapy." I explained what I remembered.

"Indi, it was what I was recommending it. We would talk about these things with you before confirming what we are going to do. You get a choice here, but if I feel you are a danger to yourself then we will have to seek and inpatient treatment option." Felicia told me.

"I'm sorry I made it seem like you didn't have a choice Little Bird. I do not want to rule over you, I promise." Buster slowly came closer to me and held his hand out to me, waiting for me to allow the contact.

I grasped his hand causing him to smile at me. I turned my attention back to Felicia, "I don't want to go on any meds." I told her firmly.

"Okay, for now we will forgo that, but based on how things go it made me a subject we bring up again as an option." Felicia reasoned with me, I nodded showing my acceptance. "I do however believe some intensive therapy for the next couple of months will make a big difference for you," I went to argue but she held her hand up to stop me. "I know you have been living a life outside of that house since you were 18 and have a job. You are still struggling with guilt and escaping that place in your mind. Physically you were gone but in some ways, you were still in that house mentally. You deserve to have a full and thriving life. You were raised in a prison of sorts and the attachments you should have first formed were skewed by their behavior. You did the biggest thing of all Indi, you survived. Now we want to help you to thrive. Give therapy a try for the next couple of months and then we can talk and see where you're at then."

Buster was looking at me with big hopeful eyes. I heaved a sigh, "Okay, 2 months and then we talk."

"Excellent, I'm going to talk to a friend of mine and see if she has the time to give you. She has her own practice here in Tyler." With that Felicia left the room and was closely followed by Doc.

"I really am so sorry Little Bird. I didn't mean to upset you so much." Buster pleaded with me. "I promise to give you a choice always unless it is regarding your safety. I'm sorry I just can't compromise that."

"Buster, I'm sorry I didn't really give you a chance to explain before I lost it on you. We still have a lot to learn about each other, but as you've already figured out choices are very important to me. We're bound to have disagreements, but we'll figure things out in time." I assured him.

"Well Little Bird, Doc said physically you are set to leave the medic room. How about we start this afternoon with trying to learn more about each other? We can have a picnic out in the field?" Buster asked me with a smirk.