Chapter 17

Buster's POV

We made our way into Church and took our seats. Hawk was the last one in. I could see the exhaustion on everyone's face, but determination was also there. Determination to end this and protect our family.

Hawk called the meeting to order. "First things first." Hawk looked at Screw. "You claiming Cleo?"

Screw shook his head, "Red has had all her choices stripped from her since she's been with those assholes. I can't be like that to her. She needs be able to make the choice herself. For now, I'm taking responsibility for her. Hopefully in time she will allow me to claim her."

"Red huh?" Axel remarked. "Not too creative with that one." He chuckled.

Screw glared at him, "Yes, because calling Pearl Pearl is so creative since that is her actual name." Axel rolled his eyes but had a small smile knowing Screw had fallen for the bait.

"Axel stop trying to start stuff. We have business to discuss." Hawk demanded and just like the tension that had eased a little was back in full force.

Gage cleared his throat, "So far there has been no sign of Drake from here at the ranch, but that doesn't mean he hasn't stepped foot in town."

"Our next steps are going to be going out into Tyler and seeing if there is any sign of his truck and getting any information we can out of their father. Once the town wakes up, we'll start checking around at some of the businesses to see if anyone spotted him yesterday. Be sure to check hotels and buildings we know are empty. As of right now we are unaware if he has any connections in the area. Hopefully we can get some more direction as we get more information. When Red and Bird wake up we'll need to talk to them about any information they might have that could help us." Hawk gave out orders and Screw quickly stood up at his last statement.

"Red, has been through enough! She doesn't need us interrogating her!" Screw shouted.

The room grew deadly quiet at that and fury was written all over Hawk's face. Ink stood up next to Screw and put his hand on his shoulder to calm him down. "Brother, they don't want to interrogate her. She knows his habits and likes. She has information on him that we couldn't get from anyone else. It's about keeping her safe. She won't be safe until that monster is caught and in the ground."

With that Screw sat back down and put his head in his hands. "Prez, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions. She's just been through so much man."

"I know what you're feeling. Remember they hurt Flame too, but I am your president, and you will show me respect. I'll give you a pass this time as tensions are high and we're all working on very little sleep, but you will not get another." Hawk had understanding in his eyes, but you could see his fists clenched on top of the table.

"Who's going to be going in with dear old daddy?" Blade asked, bringing us back on task.

Hawk had closed his eyes and was rubbing his forehead.

"I hate to bring this up, but you're all running empty, especially the ones that went up to Oklahoma. We might have to accept that we need to rest before going out." Axel said. Hawk lifted his head and was about to protest but Axel held a hand up. "Now I'm not telling you what to do. But for now, the women and kids are all safe here on the ranch. If everyone is too worn out, we'll be useless and mistakes will happen and the safety that is now happening will begin to crumble."

"He's right Hawk, you need rest brother." Gage put a hand on Hawk's shoulder.

"There is no way I can rest right now, knowing that monster is still out there." Screw exclaimed.

"Man, as much as it pains me to say, they're right. Red and Little Bird need us to be at our best to continue to keep them safe. For tonight at least we can rest by their sides and know they are safe." I tried reasoning with Screw. He huffed at me and looked away in frustration.

Hawk spoke up, "Axel is right, we're going to rest. Blade, Gage, and I will meet in the basement at 8am to have a nice friendly chat with daddy. Then we'll meet for church at 9 to discuss the information we've gathered before heading out to search. For now, no one goes out alone, we don't want to underestimate this asshole until we know more. Flame made something for us to eat, go out and get some food then get some rest." Thus, ending the meeting.

Screw and I immediately stood up and rushed towards Hawk. "I have to be in that room when you question him." I demand.

Hawk looked at me sternly, "Are you asking or telling me?"

I took a deep breath, "Asking, but come on Hawk. You said it yourself they hurt Flame too, you wouldn't miss being in that room." I reasoned with him.

"Fine you can both be in there, but if either of you overstep, you'll be forced out of the room. I mean it, you both need to reign it in. I'm still your president." Hawk was not playing around with us. I knew he understood our feelings, but we cannot let our emotions rule us right now and he's right we're out of line.

"Sorry man, you're right. I'll lock it down." I promised.

"Yea, it's crazy. Just yesterday I would have never behaved that way in a meeting, but the moment I heard Red in the shop something shifted in me. It's no excuse and I won't let it happen again." Screw stated.

"When it hits you it really does knock you on your ass man." Gage said knowingly while patting both Screw and I on the shoulder.

"Damn, I thought this was an MC clubhouse not a sorority house." Tank shook his head in shame at us.

"Next thing you know, we'll be French braiding each other's hair and having pillow fights." laughed Ink.

"Don't worry men, they're all talk now but when it bites them in the ass, they'll get it." Axel said knowingly. "Now are we going to continue with gossip hour or are we going to go get some much-needed grub and rest?"

We followed Axel out of church after that and I tuned out the other guys continue to make jabs at each other. I watched Screw make a bee line for the food and then head straight for the medic room. He must of read my mind because I wasn't too far off from him.

Hawk stopped me on my way to Bird though, "I really do get where the two of you are coming from, but you know we can't have another stunt like that happen. Talk to him and help him see reason right now. Gage and I were the same way when Cass and Flame were threatened and dealing with those new emotions. Y'all are close he'll listen to you with this. I'd hate to make some tough choices because he couldn't keep himself in check."

I knew where he was coming from, so I gave him a simple nod before continuing on to the medic room. Red and Bird were still asleep in their beds. Screw was already beside Red and his plate laid forgotten next to him as he held her hand and stared at her resting form.

After another glance at my Little Bird I made my way over to Screw. Without look up at me he began to speak, "Man they just don't get it. She's been through so much already; she doesn't deserve any of this." He looked up at me then and I could see his eyes were watering though he refused to let any tears fall.

"You think they don't understand what we're feeling right now? You don't remember the threat that Cass and Flame went through with the Devil's Runners? The torch Butch recorded himself doing to Flame? What about the fact that Drake and that asshole downstairs molested Flame when she was younger? They know where we're at man. They've been there. We have to keep our emotions under control and remember who the real enemy is. The men in that room are not your enemy. They're your brothers and they are going to be the ones to help us get the retribution our girls deserve. Right now, neither of us are thinking clearly. We're too emotionally involved. We have to trust that our brothers are going to make the best choice because right now we are not capable of doing that. They have our backs brother, and we have to continue to have theirs." I could see I had gotten through to him now. He nodded at me showing he understood. I took my plate over to my Little Bird and settled in.

I ate my food and then laid my head next to my Little Birds head and went to sleep thinking of all the ways I was going to avenge her.