Chapter 27

Buster's POV

I did not want to talk to Little Bird about what was said, but I know I have to.

"Okay." She said hesitantly.

"First, we talked about your dad." She tensed up at that.

"It's been decided he's going to die tonight." I watched for her reaction.

All the tension in her body left her and she let out a heavy breath. "I can't believe he'll finally be gone." She whispered to herself.

"He'll never hurt you again Little Bird." I assured her. "We haven't found Drake yet, but we're not going to give up. We're going to continue being cautious. No one goes out on their own. Though Screw and I think it's best you and Red stay on the ranch for the time being just to be safe. The two of are his targets and we don't want to chance him getting a hold of either of you."

"That makes sense." She was taking this way better than I thought she would. "That's what had you so concerned?"

"No." I said and paused. She gave me an expectant look. I sighed, "Felicia talked with us and told us what she felt you, Cleo, and Trixie needed."

She nodded, "That's good she spoke with Trixie as well."

"Yea, it was Trip's idea. She felt Trixie was doing well but that she should continue therapy to continue healing." I explained.

"Good, she's so young and deserves to be happy." Her heart was so big, causing me to smile a little.

"Felicia, felt Cleo was actually adjusting well, but still wanted her have some therapy to make sure she continues to adjust well." I was avoiding and I think she saw that.

"What did Felicia have to say about me?" Yup she saw it.

"Felicia was a bit more concerned for you." I took her hand in mine. "She talked about how you were taking on responsibility of the blame for what happened with Cleo and Ember. She wants to make sure you get all the help healing you need. Felicia is going to help find a therapist in the area for you to see a couple of times a week and maybe go on some anti-depressants."

She pulled her hand from mine and looked frustrated and confused. "What? I've been out of there for so long and functioning well. I went to college and got a degree. I have a full-time job. I have my own house. Obviously I'm doing well." Her eyes were getting watery.

"Little Bird I know, but even you said you didn't feel safe until you came here. You were always living in fear." I tried to help her see.

"Why wouldn't I be in fear!?" She was getting louder now and breathing heavy. "I knew they were still out there, and they could have come for me at any time. But I still lived. I have a life!" the tears were falling now.

Doc came in through the door then and took the scene in. "Indi you need to calm down this isn't good for you." He spoke gently to her before turning to me, "What's going on?"

"Did you talk to Felicia?" I asked him.

"Yes, she told me the treatment she was recommending." Doc said.

"I'm right here. Don't I get a choice?" Bird was getting hysterical now.

"Indi if you cannot calm down, I'm going to have to sedate you." Doc firmly told her.