Chapter 25

Buster's POV

"It's time that we decide the fate of our unwanted guest." Hawk announced.

Screw, Gage, Blade, Hawk and I are sitting around the table in church. I could tell when Screw came in that he was just as torn as me at leaving his girl alone. Deciding the fate of that fucker is worth it though.

"We all know he deserves to die." Gage said.

"He would lock the girls up in a closet for days at a time without any supplies. We should leave him down there on his own for a week, let him get a taste of his own medicine." Screw said, you could hear the venom in his voice when he mentioned the girl be locked up.

"I'm sorry Screw but I disagree." Everyone's head whipped to me in surprise.

"What the fuck? What do you want to let him walk free and do this to some other women?" Screw nearly yelled at me.

"Calm down brother. Let's hear Buster out." Gage had placed a hand on his shoulder to help calm him. It wasn't working.

"I didn't mean we set him free." I corrected. "You were in that room when Red & Bird were sharing what they went through. They both have a lot of healing to do."

Screw interrupted again, "I'm not going to let Red go anywhere near that monster. You can't expect them to kill him."

"No, you're misunderstanding me Screw. I want Bird safe. I want all the women safe. I think that both are going to struggle as long as they know he's still alive and in the same building as them." I watched realization dawn on Screw's face. "As much as I'd love to drag out his death and make him suffer for everything he did to Flame, Red, Bird, and who knows if there are any other victims of his cruelty that we do not know about. I think for the sake of the girls it's best we end him as soon as possible."

The room was quiet as they all took in what I said.

"I didn't think about that. I don't like it much either but Buster's right." Screw admitted.

"Who's gonna kill him though." Blade asked.

"You know, I would have thought I would want to do because of Bird. But now I do not want to do it because of Bird. I don't want to waste any more time on him. I want to be away from my Little Bird as little as possible right now." I shocked myself with that. I never would have guessed a woman would ever be able to cause this much change in me. Her telling me I make her feel safe for the first time in her life, with how fragile she is right now I want to keep her feeling that way until she can feel that on her own without me there. Killing her dad is one step closer to that.

"What about you Screw?" Hawk asked.

"I want to be there to see the light fade from his eyes. Even if I'm not the one to do it, seeing him dead is enough for me." Screw admitted.

"Alright, I'll do it." Hawk decided. "I want to ensure he can never her my Flame again. I'll do it tonight"

"If that's all then I'd like to get back to Bird." I started to stand.

"Hold up, we have something else to discuss." Gage spoke up, "Blade, go get Felicia."

Blade nodded before leaving to get her.

"We need to hear her thoughts on what the girls said. To find out where they're at and if there is more, we should be doing to help them. We won't ask her to break trust with them. But we have to know." Hawk explained.