Chapter 28

Felicia's POV

Oh shit, I knew Amelia was up to something. They were all looking at me expectantly.

Before I could say anything though there was a knock on the door.

"It's girl time, no boys aloud!" Amelia shouted.

"It's Doc, I need to speak with Felicia. It's about Bird." Doc said through the door.

Saved by the patient this time. This is a secret I plan to never tell.

I quickly made my way to the door and opened it. "What's wrong with her?"

"She's safe now but I want to talk to you about what happened." He said.

I turned back to the girls, "Sorry ladies, duty calls." I closed the door behind me and went with Doc. He went to the medic room with me following closely behind. Buster was in a chair next to Indi's bed holding her hand while she slept.

Buster's POV

I looked up when I heard the door open to see Doc and Felicia coming in. Felicia looked concerned.

"What happened?" Felicia asked.

"I was explained to Indi about the plan for her healing that you gave us. She didn't take it very well." I explained. Felicia nodded indicating for me to continue. "She felt that her having a degree, job, and house showed she was doing well. Also, that we were taking away her choices."

"She got so worked up I had to sedate her. She was hysterical. With the dose I gave her she should sleep most of the night." Doc added.

"It's understandable for her to be upset Buster." Felicia assured me. "It's a lot to take in. How about once she's awake you contact me, and I'll come and talk to her. I'll help her to understand what's going on." I liked that idea, "though Buster, I need you to understand if she continues to get upset like this we'll have to have her admitted to an inpatient facility."

"No, we will not be doing that." I told her firmly.

"That choice might not be yours. I'm sorry, but Doc and I have to make the choice that is best for her." Felicia told me.

"She's my old lady." I confidently told her.

"We'll take your opinions into account, but I'm sure you can agree we all just wants what is best for Indi." I went argue again but Doc interrupted.

"We're not at that place just yet, so why don't we wait to see how things play out." Doc reasoned. "Do you have any questions?"

"No, thanks Doc." I turned back to Bird then. I was still angry with Felicia. I'm not going to let Bird go through this alone. I heard them both leave after that.

Screw's POV

We all knew Tequila was up to something, but this time none of us wanted to pry too much. It meant all the women were occupied and we could go down to the basement to end this fucker. I wanted to make him suffer, but Buster was right. Red and Bird would never be able to have peace of mind until the two assholes are in the ground. Tonight, we end one and we'll keep hunting for the other one.

My girl is so strong and determined. Listening to her resilience and smarts as she talked about what she went through and how she was able to survive blew my mind. Sucks that I don't get the pleasure of killing her parents, but I take satisfaction in knowing that there gone. Who the fuck sells off their daughter like that?