Chapter 36

A/N Really making an effort to finish this off by tomorrow.  Who's story are you most excited to explore next?

Indi's POV

Thankfully we made it to the hospital in time, but then Ember insisted I be in the room with her since Hawk isn't here. I love my cousin, but this is so not my thing.

Ember was squeezing the life out of my hand as she screamed through another contraction. I was afraid she'd break it if she squeezed any harder. "Great Ember, your contractions are only 3 minutes apart. I'm going to get the doctor so they can see how far along you are, but I think we are getting close to pushing." The nurse told us before leaving the room.

Inside I was panicking and praying Hawk shows up before this baby comes. "I don't know why I let Hawk talk me into this. What the fuck was I thinking going without the pain meds?" Ember cried.

Cass used a wet washcloth to wipe away the sweat from Ember's face, "I bet it will be worth it once you see Phoenix's face."

"Yea, well next time he suggests no pain meds I'll suggest he shoves a baby out of his dick before I go without the pain meds again. If I even let his dick near me after this." Ember growled out.

"Breath Ember, your getting more worked up isn't good for you or Phoenix." Cass gently told her.

"Damn it! I am breathing!" Ember snapped at her.

Suddenly we heard shouting from out in the hall. We all shared a confused look before a frantic looking Hawk slammed into the room. "Flame! Baby I'm so sorry." Hawk quickly made his way to her, and I backed up out of his way.

"It's okay, I'm just glad that you're here now." Ember calmly said to him. Well, that was a quick turnaround.

I made my way out of the room slowly hoping to go unnoticed now that Hawk had arrived.

"Did you get Trixie?" I heard Cass ask worriedly causing me to pause in my escape.

"We got her, she's okay. They took her back to the compound and Doc will check her out to be sure." I heard him assure her and I released some of the tension I'd been holding.

"What about, you know?" Cass asked hesitantly.

"Not a problem anymore." Hawk answered.

I continued my escape after hearing that. I saw Buster down the hall. I broke out in a run as soon as I saw him. He turned his head toward me and held his arms out to catch me when I jumped. I buried my face into his neck and just let out all the emotion I'd held onto for years. I felt Buster walking until he sat down.

"It's finally over. I'm free." I quietly spoke into his neck.

"Yes, Little Bird, you're free." Buster confirmed and held me tighter allowing me this breakdown and being my solid rock.

I knew that it was finally time then, I pulled my head away from his neck even though I was still crying. I looked deep into his eyes and told him what I'd known for a few days now.

"I love you." Joy beamed out of his eyes, and he crashed our lips together. Tasting my tears and conveying so much emotion to me.

He pulled away and rested his forehead on mine, "I love you too Little Bird."

Buster leaned forward to whisper in my ear, "I don't want you to panic later when you hear, he's at the compound in the same room your dad was, but I promise you he will not be leaving that room breathing. We need to see if he has any information that could lead us to Rebel."

I assumed that was probably the case. "I'm okay, I know he can't hurt me or anyone else again." I assured him.

I know that some conversations need to happen between us. I've been held captive for so long, even after I left that house. Now I need to think about what I really want in life. Time to discover who I am even when I'm actually free from the monsters of my past. All I knew is I love Buster, and that's enough for now.

Hawk's POV

Knowing that my Flame was in pain, and I wasn't there to help here nearly gutted me. She's my world and she's gifting me with the most precious thing. A child. Not just any child, but a child that is a part of both of us.

I was holding her hand when the doctor came in. "Hello Ember, the nurse thinks you're close to pushing. I'm just going to check to see how dilatated you are." He reached under the blanket that was covering Flame's lower body. I had to reign in my alpha side to not yell at him for looking at what was mine.

"Well Ember it appears you are fully dilatated, the nurses will get you into position and during your next contraction we'll have you start pushing." He walked over to the sink and began washing his hands then.

The next few minutes seems to happen in fast motion and suddenly the doctor was telling Flame to push. Flame screamed and squeezed my hand as she pushed.

"You're doing great babe, keep pushing." I assured her after a few minutes of pushing and resting.

"I can't." Flame cried out; she was completely exhausted.

"Yes, you can. You're the strongest woman I know, and right Phoenix needs you to be just a little bit stronger. One more push baby." She nodded at me. Then she bore down and started pushing again.

Soon we heard a different scream come from my baby boy. Not gonna lie he was gross looking. Flame was crying looking at him. The nurses cleaned him up while the doctor continued caring for Flame. I walked over to see him, they'd put a diaper on him and swaddled him in a blanket.

"Would you like to hold him?" Asked the nurse.

I nodded and reached out to take him. I held that little bundle in my arms and I swear my eyes got watery. I looked up at Flame then who was just watching us with a small smile on her face. "My boys." She whispered to me.

"Thank you Flame. This is the most precious gift anyone has ever given me. You gave me a son. I love you." I confessed to her.

"I love you too, know bring him over here so I can see him." She reached a handout.

I gently handed him to her laying him on her chest. She smiled down at him. I heard a sniffle then and looked up to see Cass staring down at us.

"I have to take a picture to capture this perfect moment." She pulled her camera out, but I stopped watching after that, I only had eyes for my woman and my boy.

After taking the picture Cass excused herself from the room. No doubt to go in search of answers on Trixie.

A nurse stepped forward then, "We need to take baby to do some tests, but I promise he'll be back in your arms within the hour."

I wasn't so sure about her taking my son out of my sight, but Flame slapped my arm, "Calm down caveman, it's normal. They need to make sure Phoenix is okay, especially since he came a little early." She said with an eye roll.

Reluctantly I watched her take my son out of the room.

"Do you need to go back to the ranch tonight?" Flame asked, drawing my attention to the door.

"No, things will keep until tomorrow. Tonight, I'm staying with you." Though tomorrow I will slay another monster and hopefully we can get a lead on my sister. My family is almost complete. I will find Rebel and I will bring her home. I will not stop until my family is complete, no matter how many monsters I have to slay.