Chapter 8

Buster's POV

Standing up there across from Indi while listening to Flame and Hawk exchange their vows was a new form of torture for me. I wanted that, but it cannot be with Indi. The guys were right, Flame has done a lot for this MC. She doesn't have much family that she can count on and me getting involved with Indi could hinder their relationship if things didn't work out. Well, let's face it, with knowing me it wouldn't work out. Better to give it a try with someone that wouldn't cause fallback on my family.

I'll apologize to her, then find someone else to occupy my time so she knows I won't bother her anymore.

After the pictures we all head off to the reception while the wedding couple go off for their own shots. Some grasped my wrist from the side, I turned to see Ink. "I see the look in your eyes brother. Don't do something that you cannot undo."

"I don't know what you're talking about." I tell him as I try and shake off his hold on me.

He held tight though, "I know you don't feel you're deserving of love, after all that's what you mom and dad told you. But they were assholes and not worth the dirt off your shoes. The other brothers are wrong about you and Indi. I see it, if the two of you could let down your walls those broken pieces inside of you would fit perfectly together." With that he let me go and walked off.

I stood there a little shell-shocked staring after Ink. Maybe he could be right, but I shook my head and let it go. I saw Screw across the way and went over to slap on the back, "Come on brother, let's get started on some of this beer!" He grinned and went over to the troughs we had the beer icing down in.

I watched and waited for an opportunity for me to speak with Indigo on my own. I didn't have to wait long, it seemed she tended to shy away from crowds. I slowly made my way over watching her. She had sneaked over to some of the horses grazing by a fence. When I was about two feet from her I spoke, "Indigo." She jumped, turned, and took a couple of steps back. I help up my hands to her trying to show her I didn't mean any harm. "I just wanted to come over and apologize for last night. After this I won't bother you again. I hope you won't hold what I did against Flame. She's truly happy to have you here." Without giving her a chance to speak I swiftly turned and walked away back into where everyone was gathered. Part of me hoped she would stop me as I walked away. She didn't. I guess Ink was wrong.

Indigo's POV

I stood there and watched Buster walk away. In my mind I was in a battle with myself. I felt bad for seemingly hurting him last night and for some reason I didn't like the possibility of never talking to him again. I knew it was for the best. I turned back towards the horses, because watching him walk further away from me made me feel even more empty with each step he took.

I was pulled from my thoughts when I heard cheering behind me. Hawk and Ember had come back to join in with the reception that was already in full swing. It seemed bikers really did love to party, if the amount of alcohol that had already been consumed was any indication.

As I walked back over to join back in Ember looked my way and her eyes lit up even brighter that they already were. She rushed over to me and wrapped me into a big hug. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I'm so thankful that you came Indi! Me and this baby need you in our lives." She pulled away from me and laid her hands on her stomach when she said that last bit. When she did that I saw big hands with tattoos join hers over her stomach and looked up to see Hawk nuzzling into her neck. The look of contentment that washed over was a beautiful sight.

Hawk looked over to me and said, "Indi, you are welcome here any time. As Little Flame's family you're now a part of the Blood & Bones MC family. If you ever run into any trouble you let us know."

I could tell her meant what he said, and that warmed my heart. It had been a long time since I'd truly felt a part of a family. Though I know In reality I have to keep my distance, but I would not let them see that. "Thanks Hawk, that means a lot. It is obvious to me that Ember is in very good hands here." I gave them both a small smile after saying that.
They were quickly called away by other well wishers. I went over and grabbed a plate of food and joined a table with Cass, Gage, and their kids. I had fun watching them try and hold the twins to feed them each a bottle while also getting the next two oldest to eat. Trixie was still recovering from giving birth so she had gone back up to take lay down after the ceremony.

I heard loud laughter and turned my head towards the noise. There was Buster with a girl draped over his laugh and a hand on her boob over her barely there top. A bang of jealousy swept over me that I had no right to feel. I rebuffed his attention purposefully and he gave up and move on as he should. Still I couldn't not help the pain in my heart at the sight in front of me. I turned to my group and quietly excused myself.

I went inside the building up to my room. Quickly I changed and began packing up my belongings I need to get back home anyways. As I was packing, I noticed water drop on the back of my hand. I reached up to my face only to realize I was crying. I looked at my hand and traitorous tears and scoffed at my foolishness. I allowed my walls down a little too much here, I'll just need to limit my time here even more next time. I dried my face and willed away the remaining tears to continue packing.

While I was making my way down the stairs with my suitcase there was a man in the stairway, I think they called him Ink. He looked at my suitcase and back at me, then he blocked my way down the stairs. I was taken aback and scared of what he might try. "Buster is a good man. He cares deeply for people and his big smile is a mask for him. Just like the mask you wear. Sometimes two broken souls can become one healed one." With that he stepped aside and allowed me to pass.

I reached the front door as I noticed the back door being opened with Buster and that woman from earlier with him still clinging to him and laughing with him. I rushed out the front door before he could see me.

I rushed to my car, threw my suitcase in the trunk, and hopped in the front seat. I backed out of my spot and began making my way away from the Blood & Bones MC Ranch and away from that man that made me feel things I had no business feeling.

Buster's POV

As I was making my way up the stairs with the clubwhore Candy I noticed Ink in the stairway. He made eye contact with me and just shook his head, "Big mistake brother." And with that he walked back down the stairs. I wonder what his problem is?

Candy giggled again, "I'm going to make you feel so good." She whispered into my ear before sucking on it. Yup this is exactly what I need to get a certain raven haired beauty out of my mind.