Chapter 35

Indi's POV

I cannot believe this is happening. It feels like this nightmare is never going to end. I'm tired of the fear and this being my life. I want Drake gone. There's no other way. I just pray he doesn't get a chance to lay a hand on Trixie. That poor girl has been through enough in her life without adding those nightmares to it.

Everyone has their own way of handling the waiting. Ember has started baking because she can't take feeling like she's useless. Cass is prepping the medic room, making sure they are ready for whatever state Trixie may be in when she arrives. Amelia and Pearl are keeping the kids entertained. I decide to help Ember, she needs to rest and not stress so much. Walking into the room I see pans of brownies and cookies ready for the oven.

"Wow, you're really not messing around her." I joked with her.

She smiled at me, "I just like feeling useful. Feeling helpless in these situations is the worst." She picked up a pan of cookie dough but immediately dropped it and winced.

I rushed towards her, "what's wrong?"

"Oh, nothing just Braxton Hicks. Totally normal." Ember waived me off.

"Maybe we should have Cass check just in case." I tried reasoning with her.

"Indi, it's fine I promise how about you put the cookies in for me. I'll get the snickerdoodles started, they're Trixie's favorite." Ember walked over to the pantry while I did as she asked.

We continued baking for a while before she let out a groan and leaned heavily on the counter clutching her stomach. "Alright, that's it lets at least have Cass make sure it's just Braxton Hicks."

"No, the baby is not coming yet. It's too soon and Hawk isn'" Ember said firmly.

I glared at her before yelling, "Cass, can you come in here please!"

Ember glared back at me. We looked like we were in an old western standoff when Cass walked in, "What's up?"

Suddenly we heard a splash. "Oh Shit." Whispered Ember before crying out in pain.

"Okay, let's get you into the med room and check you out." Cass ordered rushing over to help Ember. "Indi, come help us!" Cass called out breaking me out of the surprise I was in.

"Sorry, Ember I know you still have a couple of weeks left, but it seems little Phoenix is ready to make his big debut early." Cass told her.

"What's wrong?" Ink asked rushing up to us as we made our way into the bar area.

"Ember's gone into labor." Cass informed him.

Ink's eyes got big, "But it's not time yet. Doc isn't here and Hawk's gone too. Oh man." Ink began to panic.

"Shut up!" Called Ember clearly annoyed with his rambling, "I'm the one in the labor not you, now man up! Do not tell Hawk about this, he doesn't need the distraction."

Cass and I got Ember settled into a bed and Cass began running checks.

"We're going to have to take her to the hospital, her labor is progressing quickly." Cass explained.

Axel had joined us now, "No can do, you heard Hawk no one in or out?"

"Are you fucking kidding me!?" Cass shouted. "She's in labor. We are not equipped to handle this here; she needs to be at the hospital!"