Chapter 4

A/N Surprise! 2 updates in 2 days! I may get to write another chapter in a couple of days. Thankfully this week hasn't been as insane at work so I've had a little more time. 

Buster's POV

I was left with my jaw hanging open unsure of what had just taken place. Why did she run off?

Suddenly I felt a pain in the back of my head and ducked down before turning to see what had caused it. There was Flame with a stern look on her face and coming up behind her was Hawk not looking to happy. "What did you do Buster?" Flame was definitely not happy.

"I just told her that I was glad that she was here so that you had a piece of your family here and how upset you were after your parent's letter." I quickly got out before she decided to try and hit me again. She didn't looked convinced, so I quickly added, "I don't know why but when I was talking she'd started crying I just brushed a tear off her cheek and she seemed to panic and then she ran off saying she was going to bed."

Ember looked more convinced but behind her Hawk did not look happy. Crap.

"I don't know why she would react that way. Maybe I should go and talk to her." Flame said before she turned and headed inside. I wish she hadn't gone because I have a feeling Hawk is about to hand my ass to me.

"Buster, after all Flame has done for us I expected everyone to go out of their way to keep things peaceful and stress free over the next couple of days like I asked. Here you are stirring up trouble with her only blood relative that agree to come to the wedding." Hawk was clearly upset and disappointed in me. Him, Gage, and Blade were all very protective of their old ladies, I'm sure that one day when I have one I will be too.

"Look man, I wasn't trying to start any drama I just wanted her to know we appreciated her coming here for Flame." I tried to reason with him.

"Don't give me that bullshit, we've all seen you watching her since the moment you saw her. She isn't a clubwhore and this isn't the weekend to be trying to have hook ups. That's Little Flame's family meaning she's ours. This weekend stay clear of her. With Little Flame being pregnant she's already stressed enough to make her this wedding goes how she dreamed it would and she doesn't need her cousin being more upset adding to her stress. It's not good for the baby." Hawk reasoned with me.

I felt a wave of guilt come over me at Hawk's words. Flame was carrying our future Prez and she really has done a lot she's deserves the best. Indi didn't seem to return the attraction anyways so I might as well throw in the towel now. "I'm sorry brother, I'll back off. Flame comes first this weekend." I told Hawk. He gave me stiff nod and then went off towards the clubhouse, presumably to find Flame. I heaved a sigh and began walking towards the clubhouse too to go to my room ignoring all my brothers' stares.

Making it into my room I closed and locked my door before falling onto my bed face first. I groaned in frustration as thoughts of Indi came into my mind. I'll just have to steer clear of her the rest of the weekend. For a second I thought about what I deserve and how badly I wanted to be happy, but then I pushed it away Flame deserves for this weekend to be perfect. I'll just put back on my mask and be the happy go lucky guy everyone knows me to be. Nothing new.

Ember's POV

Indi had insisted she was just tired after traveling all day and needed some sleep. I didn't really believe her, but there wasn't anything I could do about it. We were so close when we were younger and then after our family trip to Mexico everything changed. I had always wondered about it but pushed the thoughts away because it just wasn't somewhere I wanted to go. It couldn't be that. After leaving Indi alone in her room and I'd come back to mine and Hawk's apartment. I was so lost in thought I hadn't even heard the door open when Hawk came in. He wrapped his arms around my waist from behind startling me out of my thoughts.

Hawk kissed the side of my neck, "Little Flame, are you okay?" He mumbled next to my ear. He had wrapped his arms around me and settled his hands protectively over my belly. Hawk had taken to doing this every time he was near me since I told him I was pregnant. When I told him I thought he would be angry and when he didn't say anything for a full minute I had started to tear up and turned to walk away from him to give him space. Imagine my surprise when he picked me from behind and spun us around a couple time shouting with joy. He then gently placed me down before getting on his knees and putting his forehead to my belly and told our baby they he already loved him. He has insisted since he first found out that the baby is a boy. That moment was one of the happiest in my life.

"I'm okay Hawk." I assured him as I leaned more into him. "Indi insisted that she was fine and just needed sleep after a long day of travel. Though I still think there was more to it." I sighed.

Hawk spun me around and put his fingers under my chin to lift my face up so our eyes could meet, "What is It Little Flame? What is going on in that head of yours?"

I shook my head a little before pulling away and heading to sit on the couch, "Indi and I used to be so close when we were younger. Other than Amelia she was my best friend. Then," I paused not really wanting to bring this up right now.

Hawk followed me over to the couch and had sat down next to me and had put his hand on my thigh. He gave it a reassuring squeeze, "What happened?"

"Well I'm not really sure. After that family trip to Mexico I told you about before she seemed to pull away from me." I never wanted to have to give him more details from that trip but I think I'm going to have to. He was looking deep into my eyes, "It was her dad and brother that did what they did to me." Rage filled his eyes. "I always wondered if maybe she somehow knew what happened and blamed me for it."

I turned away from Hawk because I didn't want to see his reactions to this. Hawk was having no part in that though and he gently turned me back to him before picking me up and placing me on his lap. My face automatically went to the crook of his neck seeking his familiar comfort. "Little Flame, I don't know why she did what she did but I doubt she blamed you or else she wouldn't be here right now. You did nothing wrong it was those disgusting men that did something wrong. No one will ever touch you like that again I promise."

I knew he meant that promise with everything he had in him. It took him a long time to get over the guilt he felt about when I was taken my Butch and his MC. Blade had struggled with that guilt as well, but they had finally realized that it was out of their control and that things sometimes just happen. "Promise me you're not going to go after Indi's dad or brother?" Hawk looked at me like I was crazy for asking that. "I just got Indi back in my life and I do not want to risk losing her again." I implored him.

Hawk looked to be having an internal debate, "Fine my Little Flame, but if we find out they hurt anyone else we'll have to take action." I knew by the look in his eyes he meant it.

"I can live with that." I assured him.

"Now let's get you to bed. This has been a long day for you and you have another long day tomorrow. You've got to keep your energy up since you're carrying my little guy in there." He put his hands over my stomach as he said that. I couldn't help but smile as he picked me up and carried me into the bedroom. He kissed me deeply after laying me down and climbing on top of me. I know that they say the groom and bride shouldn't see each other the night before the wedding because of bad luck or something like that, but Hawk and I do not need luck as long as we have each other and our family behind us.