𝘴𝘪𝘹

SAIDA

SAIDA

"Okay, Mekhi. Stop," I broke the kiss and pushed him away from me lightly. "You don't have a curfew?"

"Nope."

"Your mother just lets you stay out at all hours of the night?"

"I don't have a mother." He shrugged, leaning down to kiss my neck.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I placed my hands on his shoulders and looked over a little. "What do you mean you don't have a mother."

He didn't respond. He just continued to kiss on my neck until he tried to move to my lips, which I refused since he was trying to skip over what he just said.

"Really, Saida? We got to talk about this now?" He sighed, leaning up.

"Yes. You just said that like it was nothing. How do you not have a mother?"

"She's not in my life. That's what I mean by that."

"But you—" I reached over to grab my phone before looking at him. "One minute."

mother >
Today 10:04 PM

Who r you talkn 2 in there?

practicing for a presentation in class
tomorrow. did i wake u up?

Yes. Please be quiet and get ready
4 bed. You can practice in the morning!
Get ur beauty rest!!

okay. sorry for waking u. i'll be quieter.
goodnight. sorry again

Ok. Goodnite 😘💤❤️

"I need to be quieter?" Mekhi asked while I sat my phone back down on my nightstand. "Because I can leave."

"You don't have to leave, but you do need to be a little quieter. We aren't done with this conversation."

"I really do not feel like opening up about my childhood right now. It'll happen naturally if you let it happen naturally." He shrugged, leaning back against the bed frame and tossing his arm over my shoulder.

"Okay." I grabbed ahold of his hand and played around with his fingers. "Mekhi.."

"Hm?"

"You know..I've never had a boyfriend before. My parents don't really allow dating so it just never happened."

"I thought you said we weren't dating though?"