𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

SEASON TWO, EPISODE TWENTY:
MAKE ME PROUD

Graduation day had finally rolled around for all of the seniors, and they were about to embark on new beginnings that they couldn't wait for.

Saida was going to Tennessee State with a major in Nutrition. She had initially planned on going for Psychology but realized that wasn't what her heart desired. She had been offered a full-ride.

Lucky had decided to stay in Cleveland and attend community college for Dentistry. He hadn't been able to get out of the drug business yet, so he was going to stay and tie up those loose ends before transferring to Delaware State after his first year.

He and Saida were trying to figure out what to do in order to make their relationship work. They were sure they would find some type of solution, though.

Zaire had accepted a track scholarship from UCLA where he would be attending and studying Geophysics. After a lot of work and applying for scholarships, Zion was also able to attend UCLA as a Neuroscience major. She had to take out loans and would have some debt, but she was sure she could pay it off.

Mekhi had decided to take a year off and try to get his CDL's. He would enroll at Cleveland State the following year, and by his junior year in college he hoped to be at Kentucky State as a Computer Science major as he'd always hoped.

"Get together so I can take a picture!" Tee exclaims like a proud parent, pushing Aniyah and Mekhi closer together. "Say 'big fish' on three. One...two...three!"

"Big fishhh!" The two siblings drag with wide smiles. It was the first time Aniyah had actually experienced some type of happiness since Amaru died.

"Damn," Tee shakes his head looking at the picture. "I'm proud of you man. Fuck, I thought you ain't have it in you for a minute."

"Fuck that mean?" Mekhi jerks his head back. "I wouldn't ever underestimate you nigga."

"Well, I always believed in you." Aniyah nudges him. "I'm proud of you and how far you've come. Don't lose your diploma, though."

"Man," He mushes her head. "Of course not."

Looking around, Mekhi spots Saida talking to her parents. "I'll be back. Wait here." Taking a deep breath, he decides to walk over to where they were.

"Okay, don't be taking all day though, we got reservations at Morton's!" Tee shouts.

Mekhi makes his way over to the Saadiq's nervously, making sure to greet her parents first. "Miriam, Ibrahim, it's nice to see you both."

"It's nice to see you too, Mekhi." Ibrahim replies. He takes a look between the two before looking over at his wife. "Miriam, do you want to go speak to the Baker's?"

"Ah, sure."

The two leave, as Mekhi and Saida stand in silence, staring at each other. "What's up?" She pushes her fresh silk press behind her ear.

"Congratulations." Was the first thing he said.

"Thanks! Congratulations to you as well."

It was then silence. Usually their silence was a comfortable one, but this time it was more than awkward.

"So.." He trails off. "You got any fun plans for tonight?"