𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

if y'all haven't read the previous chapter then go do that. i didn't delete the book because i personally enjoy it, but after this chapter—if y'all (the same people who constantly asked for updates) are inactive again? this book will be unpublished and will never come back lmao.

 i didn't delete the book because i personally enjoy it, but after this chapter—if y'all (the same people who constantly asked for updates) are inactive again? this book will be unpublished and will never come back lmao

SALOME

"Salome, please make sure you stay safe at the party. Do you know anyone going?" My mom asked. She was never a helicopter parent, but after what happened with Venus she was a little more careful.

"Yeah, I know a few people." I lie, rubbing my arm. I knew majority of the people from school were going, which meant I could make conversation with a few of them.

"You know—"

"Dayna, let the girl live. She wants to go to the party so we're going to let her. If she feels uncomfortable she can call us, one of us will go get her." My father glanced over at my mom before looking at me.

"I'm not going to feel uncomfortable. I'm just going to a party with some friends from school, y'all act like it's the end of the world."

"Didn't someone in the junior class get raped at a party a few months back?" My mom questioned, looking between both me and my dad.

"That was at a completely different party, relax. You're overthinking. You've been to parties before."

"This is not the same thing though, Salome. I know I've been to parties which is the main reason I'm trying to guide you. I don't want you to do the wrong thing—"

"Like get pregnant at thirteen? Thanks, I appreciate it but we've kind of passed that age mark. The concern can stop."

"Salome, come on now." My dad sighed, face-palming. "How did that even come up?"

"You know what," She scoffs, looking up at the ceiling. "No party for you. You wanna be disrespectful?"

"It just slipped out."

"I don't care! I'm still your fucking mother, Salome! That's disrespectful, why would you bring something like that up when all I was trying to do was look out for you."

"I never said you weren't trying to look out for me but you don't want me to do the 'wrong this', hence why I brung up you getting pregnant at thirteen. That's the wrong thing, no?"

"Go upstairs."

"Dayna, just let her go."

"No! She constantly disrespects me and you want me to just look past it and let her go to the party?"