𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦

SALOME

SALOME

"Oh! Hi, Salome." Venus' mom greeted. "I'm guessing I'll be having to get used to seeing you a lot more, huh?"

"I wouldn't sweat it." I walked in the house, not bothering to take off my shoes as I made my way upstairs.

"Take off your shoes, Salome!" She shouted up the stairs but I wasn't going to be here long, so I wasn't stressing.

I walked down the hall towards her room before barging in, seeing her doing some work with Drake playing on the T.V., of course.

"We need to talk." I spoke sternly, hoping that she would go with it due to the tone of my voice.

She closed her book and looked up at me, she was surprised but she was trying to hide that. "About?"

"Why would you tell Hadiya? That was supposed to be between us, no one else was supposed to find out." I leaned against her doorframe.

"Why am I the one that's in the wrong?" She scoffed.

"Because you told, it was supposed to be a secret."

"No, it wasn't. You wanted it to be a secret, but we never agreed. You can't be mad that your actions are finally catching up to you."

"You're so jealous of me and Hadiya that it's actually insane, Venus. What about it is pissing you off? The fact that I will never feel the way about you that I do about Hadiya? Is that what it is? Is that what has you so fucking jealous?" I hissed, furrowing my eyebrows together.

I could tell that hurt her feelings, but I didn't care, not even a little bit.

"You said that you were going to wait.." A frown took over her face. "Why would you say something like that if you didn't mean it?"

"That's not the question." I folded my arms across my chest, visibly upset. "Why would you tell her?"

"Does it really matter? You're going to be forgiven regardless and I'm going to receive all of the backlash from everyone who finds out. You know it's true, that's why I don't get why you're trying to hurt me. I'm already hurt. So, go ahead, tell me how you weren't interested. Tell me how I ruined your relationship...go ahead."

Silence.

"The craziest part about all of this is the fact that I really wanted this to work. I wanted to be with you. I did, for a while now. I never tried anything because I was unsure about my own sexuality and I didn't want to lead you on and then I go and mess with a guy on the side or something. The same thing you did to me is the one thing I would never do to you."