𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

SEASON ONE, EPISODE SEVENTEEN:
DADDY ISSUES

ANIYAH

may — spring semestervery slight mention of sexual assault

very slight mention of sexual assault

"Mekhi?" I knock on his door slightly. I wanted to push the door open but due to him and Saida reconnecting, I wasn't sure about what the hell he was doing in there when the door was closed.

And I was not bold enough to try and figure out.

"Yeah? Come in."

Pushing the door open, I walk into his room and sit down on his bed. "Um..can you take me to the store?"

"I can't." He kept his eyes on whatever he was reading. "Tee won't let me drive the car."

"Still?" I make a face. It was getting old. The whole vandalized car thing was months ago and I thought we all knew that it wasn't Mekhi who caused it.

"Still." He nods, turning his attention to me. "You can't walk or ask Tee to take you?"

"Tee won't take me, you know how he is. I would walk but I really can't." I sit and begin to think of alternatives. "If I get him to let you take me will you?"

"Pfft," He chuckles lowly. "He won't let you, but you can try."

I stand up off of his bed and fix my crop-top, pulling it down some before heading out of his room. I'm the youngest and the only sister, I was going to get my way.

Going down the stairs, I see Tee sprawled out on the couch watching Family Matters. He was eating some popcorn and had about four crushed up bottles of beer all around him.

He clearly inherited the alcoholic genes from our parents.

"Tee?" I call out from the stairs.

No reply.

"Tee?"

Silence.

"Teon!" I yell. He looks over at me, he looks exhausted and genuinely over me, but I don't care.

"What, bro?"

"Can Mekhi use your car? I need to go to the store and I wouldn't ask if I didn't need to go."

He was clearly drunk, which I knew once he grabbed the keys and tossed them to me, not saying much after. "Just hurry up."