𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

SEASON TWO, EPISODE NINE:
STUNTIN' LIKE MY DADDY

LUCKY mishallon

"How you make this much so fast? It ain't even been four days, Luck

"How you make this much so fast? It ain't even been four days, Luck."

"I'on know." I shrug my shoulders, slouching down in the uncomfortable seat. "Can I just get my cut?"

"Mhm." He nods, counting out about 950 before sliding it across to me. I grab it and count it out, smacking my lips.

"You could've added the extra fifty to make it a band."

"Charge it to the game, son."

I unzip my book-bag that was sitting on the floor and stuff the money in there, zipping it back up. "Monique don't question where this paper comin' from?"

"You ain't paying child support no more so I don't think she gone get too worked up about money popping up if it's gone help keep the lights on in that bitch."

"How baseball going?" He changed the subject. "Season start yet?"

"Being that it's October, no."

"Oh, right. My bad."

"Yup." I stand up out of the chair and pick up the book-bag, tossing it over my shoulder. "I'll be back Friday to pick up whatever else you want me to sell."

"Alright, baby boy. You get home safe, alright?"

"A'ight." I respond dryly, leaving out of the dirty back room.

I walk down the creaky hallway, being stopped by some chick who was standing in front of me, seemingly in awe. "You look just like Clover!"

"I'm his son." I say. No emotion on my face. This wasn't a conversation I enjoyed having. "Lucky."

"Oh, isn't that just adorable? Lucky and Clover!"

Being named after a nigga that never did shit for you isn't really adorable, but I'll let her have it.

"The adorable-est." I put on a fake enthusiastic voice, not even caring that my sentence wasn't even proper English. "We coo'? This conversation over?"

"Oh, yeah! You can head out. It is a little dark. I'll leave you alone!"

Nodding, I waste no time walking past her. I get out of the house and make my way to my mothers car, taking the keys out to unlock it before getting in and starting it up. It wasn't too cold outside, but if I drove home with the heat off I was probably gone freeze my fuckin' balls off.

I turn the car on and turn up the heat, leaning back and looking at all of my notifications.

Ole Lady 👩‍👦💙 >
Today 8:40 PM