𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

SEASON TWO, EPISODE EIGHTEEN:
HOW TO SAVE A LIFE

"Good morning," Aniyah says with a smile, jumping off of the last two steps and waltzing into the kitchen where her brothers were eating. "Graduation is in two weeks, you ready, Khi?"

"He better be, I damn near thought the nigga wouldn't do it."

"Man," Mekhi smacks his lips at his brothers smart remark. "You on my dick."

"I'm ready. I feel like I'm graduating, too." She sits in the chair next to him.

"Well, you ain't. So don't try to steal my shine."

"Whatever." She waves him off, still housing a huge smile on her face.

"What's up with you? Why you so happy?" Tee asks, leaning against the counter eating a bowl of Cap'n Crunch cereal.

"I just have a really good feeling about today." She says. "I'm going over Venus' house later on and then I'm gonna surprise Amaru at work with some flowers and food, and then I'm going to come home and finish my shirt for the graduation."

"Seems like you have a full schedule, why today?"

"I just told you." She grabs Mekhi's cup and takes a sip of his juice. "I have a really good feeling about today."

"Mm." Tee nods. "I hope you have a good day then, it's always good to see you in a good mood. Especially after what happened the other day."

"I don't care anymore, he doesn't deserve any more of my time nor does he deserve of my energy being used up on him."

"That's good, I'm proud of you."

"Thanks," She stands up. "I'm about to go get ready so that I can go with Venus but I will see y'all later and also, Mekhi, I need you to tell me if you like the shirt or not because if not I won't wear it to the graduation and make a fool of myself."

"Got you." He says, still devouring his breakfast food. "Just go get ready."

•••

"I'm so glad we got invited to this damn skate party, I was not trying to sit around and watch movies with you all day like we're in a relationship," Venus side eyes Aniyah as she puts her Dior lip oil. "No shade though, friend."

"None taken." Aniyah says sarcastically, going to her messages to see if Amaru had texted back.

He hadn't.

"They got him in that shop cutting the hell out of some hair." She mumbles, tossing her phone back on the bed. "Are people drinking tonight? Unless you don't know."

"Shittt," Venus drags out. "Probably. It would only surprise me if they didn't."

"I should invite Mekhi." Aniyah suggests. "It's his last week as a high schooler, so after this he really can't come to any parties afterward or it'll be weird."

"Uh," She closes the lip oil. "No seniors at this one, boo. It'll still be weird if he comes, just vibe."

Aniyah shrugs her shoulders. "Alright."

The two had finished getting ready before they headed out and made their way to the skate party that was usually held on the last Friday of the school year, which would be today. Aniyah had never been due to the fact that no one ever wanted her at the events, so she was a little nervous and didn't really know what to expect, but she was also excited.

She wanted Amaru to come because she felt it would calm her down, but he wasn't a party person, so she wasn't surprised at him not coming. When she mentioned it to him this morning, he didn't reply. She didn't understand that part due to the fact that he could've simply declined and she would've been okay with that as well.