𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦

MEKHI

MEKHI

"Teenagers, or just young minded people in general, often think one thing matters the most in relationships," Mrs. Frisch walked around the classroom. "What do you guys think that is?"

I laid my head down on Saida's purse, not really paying the class any mind. I was still listening to what they were saying, but I could care less about the subject at hand.

"Sex." Saida answered and I turned my head to look at her, but she wasn't paying me any mind.

"It's in the same family, but that's not exactly the thing I'm looking for. Good answer though, Saida."

"Diseases."

"Whether it's wack or not?"

"Body counts?"

"Exactly," Mrs. Frisch smiled at Teonna, the girl who answered the question. "Why do you think body counts matter so much to people?"

"Because, don't nobody wanna walk around with no runner on their side." Deion spoke up loudly.

"Oh, okay, well that brings me to another topic. How many bodies do you guys think is too much for a woman to have?" Mrs. Frisch questioned.

"Two." Lukas held his two fingers up in the air. "One is already pushing it."

"On God, bitch need to be a virgin when I'm hitting it." Deion agreed.

"And what is your body count, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Five." Deion said, scratching the side of his neck.

"Three." Lukas added.

"But to you, it's too many if a woman has less than that? There's no sense in that." She continued walking around the classroom, the sounds of her heels against the floor made it hard for me to fall asleep. "Why do you think that there's a difference? If two is too many for a woman, why does it differ for you?"

Sighing, I sat all the way up and slouched back in my seat. "It's not the same because men believe that a woman's body has more value, therefore, they believe she should treat it as such."

"And if you don't mind me asking, how many people have you slept with?"

"One." I lied, gaining a side-eye from Saida.

"Okay, continue on why you think women are viewed as more valuable."

"I don't know why they're viewed like that, I guess because of the way they're presented in the media. Growing up you see women portrayed on TV as goddesses and in every day life you see men lusting over women, trying to get as many as they can like they're a prized possession. Women have something that everyone wants a piece of, yet we don't want everyone to have a piece of it."