𝐬𝐢𝐱

SEASON TWO, EPISODE SIX:
HOMECOMING, PT. 2

mention of self harm and sexual content

Dropping the bloody razor blade in the sink, Amaru turned off the faucet and grabbed a wet wipe out of the pack, slowly cleaning up his fresh wounds. Once he finished, he wrapped it up with some bandages he'd stolen from his mother and began rinsing off of the razor blade.

He wasn't sure why he'd done it. He had been doing well. He was almost two months free of self harm.

Then the other day he had another argument with his brother, along with a disagreement when he and Aniyah were trying to choose a color, and he didn't know how to react.

"Amaru!" His mother shouts from the other room. "Aniyah is here! Come on!"

He doesn't reply, which only causes his mother to burst into the bathroom, making him quickly hide the razor blade and pull down the sleeve of his button up.

"Come on, child. It's time for pictures so that y'all can goooo!"

"I'm coming, just give me a second to freshen up." He tries to play it off. Shannon had a mothers intuition and could feel that he wasn't okay, but she assumed she was overthinking.

"Okay. We'll be waiting." She replies with a faint smile.

After cleaning up and wrapping the razor blade up, Amaru tossed it in the trash can and fixed his tie in the mirror, heading out of the bathroom and making his way to the living room where Aniyah stood, along with Shannon and Cameron.

Cameron decided not to go to homecoming for reasons that Amaru could care less about, so he didn't really care. More time he had with Aniyah to not be worried about Cameron calling her easy every time he opened his mouth.

"Hey," She waved shyly, gaining an eye roll from Cameron who felt as if she was putting on an act.

"Hey.." Amaru replies, same shy tone in his voice. "You look..beautiful."

Aniyah couldn't help the smile that appeared on her face, her face was starting to heat up nervously and she was hoping that he couldn't tell that she was blushing.

"Thank you! You look handsome yourself." She takes a step closer to him, brushing some lint off of his suit.

Licking over his bottom lip, he stared into her eyes before shaking his head with a smile. He was nervous beyond words.

"Okay, get together so that I can take your picture!" Shannon cheesed, she hurried to the couch to grab a camera before going back to her prior position. "Now, get back there."

The two looked back at the poster that Shannon had made that had both of their names printed on it before they stepped back in front of it.

Smiling widely, Shannon captured multiple pictures of the two, both alone and together before they finally stopped.

"You guys look so great! Ugh!" She shoved the camera in Cameron's hand before reaching back on the counter and grabbing a small black bag. "Here, Mari!"

Confused, he walks over to her and takes the bag. "What is this?"

"Open it up, boy!"