𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

could y'all please vote and comment on this book, damn i need to feed my man and kids.

SEASON ONE, EPISODE FOURTEEN:
SIGN OF THE TIMES

MEKHI

School had started back today. It was the new year, and honestly I wanted to be at home more than anything. I hadn't talked to Saida since we broke up the day after the party. When we did break up, she made sure to make it known that she hated me.

I didn't try texting her after that. She would probably lash out since she claimed to hate me so much.

It was around the time Mrs. Frisch's class had started—the one class I had with Saida. The one class that was once my favorite part of the day. Holding my book in my hand, I walked into the familiar classroom, seeing Saida and Mrs. Frisch taking down the holiday decorations and replacing them with Valentine's day decor.

It was around five minutes before class started, but since we had seven minutes to wander around before class, I came in here just to sit alone in my thoughts. I wasn't going to be able to do that now.

Saida hadn't noticed my presence, so I began to think that maybe I could turn around and just walk around to nearby classrooms while I waited for people to start piling into their classes.

However, I couldn't do that since Mrs. Frisch turned to look my way. "Oh my! Hi, Mekhi!"

I could see Saida slightly freeze when she heard that, but she kept her focus on switching out the snowman and holiday decorations for hearts and Cupid instead.

Not even a glimpse? Sheesh.

Maybe she did hate me, after all.

"Saida, your boyfriend is here!" Mrs. Frisch emphasizes 'boyfriend'—she wanted me and Saida to be together more than anything.

Once she found out about the breakup she would probably be more hurt than either one of us.

"Not my boyfriend," Saida mutters, slamming the stapler into the wall before letting out a insanely painful scream. "What the—shit!"

The stapler falls to the ground as she hops down from the chair she was standing on, sucking on her finger that had blood dripping from it.

Eyes widening, I walk over to her and grab her hand from her mouth. "You need to go to the nurse."

"Clearly." She shoves me off of her, using her other hand to grab her book-bag and swing it over her shoulder. "I can handle it myself."

"I never said you couldn't."

"Jesus! Mekhi, go with her. Class is about to start and I need to clean up this blood before they start to think I did something to one of you!" Mrs. Frisch announces. She was a very squeamish person, which is something I've learned about her over time.

•••

"I said I could handle it myself." Saida rants as the nurse finished wrapping up her finger. We had been in the nurses office about ten minutes, and I wasn't leaving Saida until I knew she was fine.

I didn't understand why she was so upset. What did I do? I mean, she cheated on me. I should be mad.

"I never said that you couldn't."