002

Third Person

Third Person.
December 20th, 2023.

The rain softly tapped against the roof and window of Kali's house, soothing her mind. Before, she absolutely despised the rain but something, rather someone, changed that a long time ago. She was slowly falling back into her old thoughts. Now the rain was nothing but a painful reminder of the man she used to love, who she still loved.

August was someone who left an imprint on Kali's life and it was safe to say that she despised him because of it. She remembered their last conversation like it was yesterday and she couldn't help but to think she was the reason he left...

"Chris just got locked up and you want me to sit here and do nothing?" Kali yelled at August.

"Kali shit is deep right now bruh! Sincere just fucking died in our face and you don't wanna grieve! All you want to fucking do is be on yo' get back which I completely understand but Kali we not losing you too!" August yelled back.

"Then do it with me August! We're so close to finding out who did this to him! We... are so close to finding out who did this to our boy." She said through her teeth, her eyes beginning to water slightly. "They took him from me and it's not fair. I-I have no one left."

"You have me!"

"Do I, August?" She raised her voice again. "You don't talk to me! You push me away, you're pushing Demitrius away! Do you not see what the fuck is happening to you? Suck it up, August!" Kali scoffed. "Sincere wouldn't want us to cry."

"No! Sincere wouldn't want you obsessing over this shit! Look at you, Kaliana, you've gone fuckin' crazy! You ain't shed a fucking tear since the day he died! You don't eat anymore, you don't leave the house, you don't even keep in contact with anyone!" August yelled.

"And you say that like it's a problem." She chuckled bitterly. "Look, you're either with me on this or you aren't August, he didn't deserve that. All I'm asking of you is to just... let me do this, okay? I love you with everything in me, I can't lose you too." Kali whispered, her palms face down on the island. "Just, stand by me."

August shook his head and sighed. "It's me or your will for revenge, Kali." August said lowly. "You can't have both."

"Are you serious?" She scoffed.

"Dead serious." August said, both of them looking each other in the eyes.

Kali's face fell and she look down at the counter, giving him her answer. Pure silence.

"Right, understood." August nodded and turned to walk out of the kitchen.

"August. If any part of you cares about me, your fiancée, you'd just stay with me. Okay? I need you August I can't do this shit by myself." She pleaded.