147- In the Defence of Ladybug

Fandom, we need to talk.

People say Chat has a traumatic experience and I agree.

He's had a terrible childhood, I agree.

The only person he trusts with his life is keeping secrets from him and I agree.

But we're forgetting about Ladybug.

I understand that they are giving Alya more screentime. OBVIOUSLY she's a very important character now. She is the ONLY person left who knows Ladybug's identity.

It would have been weirder if they'd just—let that fact slip and not give her enough screentime.

But let's talk about LB.

Y'all wanting Chat to have more screentime is perfectly reasonable. He's being downgraded right now and almost being replaced.

But that doesn't mean you get to blame Ladybug for that.

You guys love Chat, and it's a fact, but don't let that love blind you from Ladybug's side of the story.

Ladybug had witnessed the END OF THE WORLD.

Not just some measly lie by her partner (I'm not saying the lie  didn't impact Chat, it did, heavily), or a hidden piece of information.

End of the world.

The WORLD.

Through her OWN partner.

Her silly, pun-loving, ALWAYS SO HAPPY kitty.

And what's worse? It was their LOVE that caused it, In Chat Blanc's words.

And because it was Chat's and MARINETTE'S love.

Not Ladybug, but MARINETTE.

Don't you think that'd make her even MORE compelled not to reveal her identity to him?

And to draw her distance?

She doesn't want a repeat of Chat Blanc.

That was HER traumatic experience.

We've seen enough proof of the impact Blanc had on her. He's even appearing in her nightmares.

(Speaking of, I don't think Chat Blanc will be in her nightmare, we'll come to that a bit later in the chapter)

She's a 15-year-old girl.

I know the fandom loves Chat, and that they dislike (I won't use 'hate') him being left out, but, thinking about this all:

Does Ladybug even have a choice?

She's risked WAY too much telling Alya her identity.

Don't you think she'll break if this goes on too long?

For now, I just wanna see how the show proceeds, no objections, no complaints.

I understand everything. Rena, Chat, Ladybug, and I'm willing to accept it.

I know for a fact the creators won't disappoint.

We all may have hated Chat Blanc, but the episode is arguably the best one yet.

-

Moving to her nightmare in Sandboy 2.0, I don't think Blanc is the ONLY nightmare she'll experience.

I think it's gonna be:

-Alya revealing her identity

-Shadowmoth getting the miracle box

-AND Chat Blanc

It's gonna be HARD for out girl.

Let's hope she doesn't get hit by the nightmare beam at all.

*

Adrien, posting on his SM: 8.35 A.M. Making breakfast for my beautiful wife!

Marinette, posting on her account: 8.45 AM, who tf is burning down my kitchen-