Chapter 1: New Girl in Town

Stefan's POV
As I make a sharp turn into the Whitmore parking lot, I look for a parking spot. When I find one I park my motorcycle. I take my helmet off, then get off my bike to walk towards Whitmore College. I'm here because Bonnie, Elena, and Caroline are having trouble with history. Ha! No surprise there. I am just surprised Elena didn't ask Damon— her lover and my brother, for help.

I still don't understand how I am going to get over the fact that the love of my life left me for my brother. I know I am going to have to move on. I can't and won't stay sad over this forever, but how am I going to move on? It's not like I am going to meet someone new just like that.

I sigh and walk into the building to look for Bonnie, Caroline, and Elena. I see them over by the couch, waving at me and motioning me to come over. I say while sitting down "Wow! You guys are excited about learning history, aren't you?" The three of them giggle and I can't help but smile at Elena's cute little giggle.

I see Caroline looking at me, nodding and smiling in understanding. I know she probably saw me looking at Elena. I smile back at Caroline, then we get started.

After three hours of studying, I decided to go home. I say "Alright girls, I am going home!" They say in unison "Bye!" Elena stops me "Thank you, for helping us out Stef. It means a lot to me."

Without looking at her, I say "You're welcome." I know it may be harsh, but honestly, it's hard to look at her. When I walk away again, she stops me "Stefan please, I don't want things to be awkward between us. I still want us to be friends. I still need you in my life."

I sigh "I know Elena and we are friends, but you need to understand, I need a little time." She nods her head in agreement and states "Yes! Yeah of course. As long as we're still close friends... Goodnight Stef."

I show a little smile "Goodnight Elena." I'm about to walk away when she pulls me into a hug. I try not to show my shock at this gesture as I hug her back. I pull away and walk out and towards my bike.

As I'm walking towards my motorcycle, I hear footsteps behind me. Someone, a girl, panting and running. As I turn around, the girl running and I bump into each other and fall onto the ground.

I hear her exclaim "Ouch! Oh my God! I am so sorry. Are you okay?" She asks while helping me up. I answer while wiping dirt off of my pants "Yeah, I'm fine. Don't sweat it."

I look up at the girl I bumped into. When I look into her eyes, it's like time has stopped. I feel like there's no one else around, but me and her. She is so beautiful. She has dirty blonde hair, and light brown eyes, and looks Hispanic. Her skin is flawless and she shows me a small, adorable smile.

She apologizes "I am so sorry again. I am new to Whitmore and I am trying to find my way around. It's a little confusing. Can you please show me the way?" She asks looking at me with pleading eyes.

I answer "Of course, follow me." She smiles so adorably and says "Thank you!" And I respond, politely "Anytime." We start to walk off. She tries to make conversation "So, you go here?" And I answer "Actually no. I have friends who go here but I still know the way."

She nods her head "Oh okay. Interesting." She giggles a little and I ask "So, how old are you?" And she says "I am 19 and will be 20 soon in three months. I graduated high school two years ago." She smiles very widely and I respond "Cool."

She asks "So, how about you?" I can't help but freeze at that question, knowing that by getting close to her I'm going to have to lie to her and I'm probably putting her in danger. However, I can't help but want to know her. I'll protect her with my life for as long as she will let me. I may be stuck at 18, but I'll just tell her I'm 19 like the girls.

I answer "Nineteen. I graduated two years ago myself, but I haven't put much thought into coming to college." I look away from her. Before I do, I notice her frown and look at me with sad eyes.

She encourages "Well, you should. College will open so many doors for you. Go for it." She playfully punches me in the arm while giggling and I laugh a little too. I reply "I will keep an open mind. Thank you, Ummm... what's your name?"

She facepalms herself "Right, how rude of me!" And I state "It's okay. I'm Stefan Salvatore. And you?" I ask looking at her curiously. She makes that adorable giggle and answers "I'm Giavanni Hunter."

She stops walking and holds her hand out for me to shake. I do and respond while smiling "It is very nice to meet you, Giavanni." She smiles widely "Right back atcha, Stefan." We both laugh a little and start walking towards the building.

We enter and I say, while gesturing around the room "This is Whitmore's dormitory. You will be staying here." She responds, grateful "Thank you. Can you please help me find my room? I am staying in room C12." Oh my God, that is Bonnie, Caroline, and Elena's room.

Just when I am about to say something, I hear someone say "Hi, that's the room I am staying in." I turn around and see Bonnie walking towards us. She holds out her hand and introduces herself "Hi, I'm Bonnie."

Giavanni shakes her hand and says in excitement "Hi, I'm Giavanni. Looks like we are roommates!" She smiles brightly. I smile at her smile and Bonnie notices and winks at me, but she also looks confused.

She replies while letting her hand go "Umm, we didn't hear anything about us getting a roommate." Giavanni becomes a little upset and asks "Oh, is that a problem? Because if it is I can just ask to move to another room."

I try to calm her down "NO! No! Giavanni, it's fine. It isn't a problem. Right, Bonnie?" I say while shooting her a 'You guys better be nice to her' glare. Bonnie gives me a 'Fine' look. She responds "Yeah, come on, Giavanni. It's no problem at all." She smiles at Giavanni.

Giavanni says "No, it's okay. If it's going to be a problem then-" Bonnie cuts her off while smiling "Nonsense. Come on. To our room, we go!" She says that last part, linking arms with her and showing her to their dorm.

Giavanni smiles and Bonnie looks back at me. I mouth "Thank you!" And she mouths back "Anytime!" I smile at her and Giavanni. She looks back at me and smiles and yells silently "Oh and thank you, Stefan. You were a lot of help."

I smile brighter and respond "Anytime!" She smiles at me saying that. Bonnie mouths to me while smiling "You have some serious explaining to do." Before I could mouth anything back, they already turned in the direction of their dorm room.

I smile as I walk out to my motorcycle and start driving home. I smile even brighter than before thinking about Giavanni, hoping she will be okay.

I will definitely come back tomorrow and check on her, and maybe even take her advice and come to college here. I don't know what's happening to me, but all I do know is I think I am definitely falling for the New Girl in Town.

As I get off my motorcycle and walk into my house, I vamp speed up to my room without saying a word to Damon or Gabriella. I get into comfortable clothes for bed. When I am in my bed, I fall asleep smiling, thinking about Giavanni.

Authors Note: Hi, I am Kiara Thomas. This is the very first book I am writing.