Chapter 21: The Truth

Stefan's POV
Oh my God! I just saw Giavanni get hit by a car. I yell very worried "GIAVANNI!" We see the car keep going even after she goes over it and I'm the first one to run to her. I go to her and I shake her and yell "GIAVANNI, PLEASE! WAKE UP!" 

I bite into my wrist and feed her my blood, but nothing's working. Her heartbeat is slowing down. I yell at everyone "STOP STANDING THERE, STARING AT HER! CALL THE POLICE DAMN IT!" Tyler takes out his phone and does that. 

Seven minutes later, I see the ambulance here and they rush out and pick Gia up and put her on a gurney. I follow behind them and they let me go with them. I see them close the ambulance door and before they do, I didn't miss everyone's shocked faces when they saw me come in here. 

I see the paramedics trying to stop the bleeding, but are failing to. I can't take it! I compel them both to do whatever it takes to save her. I text everyone the hospital we're going to. 

Twenty minutes later, we make it to the hospital and they take her out and let the doctors take care of her now. As they are rushing her into the hospital, I see everyone here except Caroline, Liv, and Klaus. 

I see them take her into a hospital room and I try to go in with her but the Doctor stops me and says "sir, I'm sorry, but you can't go in right now. They need time alone to help her." 

I plea "no! I need to be by her side, please!" And the Doctor says "I'm sorry. You will be able to see her, just not right now." Damon comes over to me and says "Stef, come on. We can wait. Let the Doctors do their job." 

He pulls me over to the waiting room, but I am still looking into Gia's room, until the Doctor closes the door. Gabriella gets up and sits me down along with Damon. Gabby says "she will be okay, Stefan. Don't worry." I don't say anything. I just wait for the doctors to say something.

Caroline's POV
I say angry and furious "you must have a death wish coming here!" And Hayley says "I'm just here to talk, Caroline." I don't know what came over me. I vamp speed over to her and lift her by her throat and throw her on the ground. 

I spat "I don't want to talk to you, you were-slut! You slept with my boyfriend and got pregnant with his child!" She says while holding and rubbing her throat and getting up off the ground "actually Caroline, when me and him slept together, you weren't together. If anything you hated him and kept rejecting him." 

How dare she bring that up?! I put on my vampire face and am about to attack, but she puts her hands up in defense and says "okay, wait! Wait! Wait! Sorry. Shouldn't have brought that up." I ask, sarcastically "you think?" 

She says "but it is the truth, Caroline. You two weren't together, you were with Tyler. You can't hold it against him. He loves you, Caroline. And he is hurting right now. Please, just give him a chance to explain." I soften up after that. 

I say "I'm not mad that he slept with you. I mean I am, but that isn't what I am furious with him about." I look around for somewhere to sit and I see a bench, so I sit down on it. 

Hayley joins me a minute after I sit and she asks "then what is it?" I say while looking at the ground, shedding a tear or two "he didn't tell me about his and your daughter." Hayley says, sympathetically "Care, he was going to tell you tomorrow over dinner." 

I look up at her and ask "really? Why tomorrow? Why not earlier?" She says "he was going to tell you, but then you mentioned prom and he saw how important it was to you. So, he decided to wait till after prom to tell you. He didn't want to ruin your night, Caroline." 

I look at her and ask "really?" And she says "yes, Caroline. Klaus loves you so much." I ask smiling "he does, doesn't he? He has proven it to me millions of times. And because I was too busy worrying about what my friends thought, I hurt him by rejecting him. I love him, Hayley. I now realize, I have loved him since that moment when he saved me from a werewolf bite.