Chapter 2: ROOMATE?!

Elena's POV
"Hey, it was really sweet of Stefan to come and help us out with our history. Right, Elena?" Caroline said to me. I respond "Yeah. Absolutely sweet." I said that looking down with guilt.

Caroline assures me "You don't have to feel guilty Elena. Stefan is a big boy and I know he will move on eventually." "Yeah, you're right, Care." I said, then I added, "So, have you heard from Tyler?"

Caroline looks down, saying "No. Ever since I told him last week that I am in love with Klaus and I've chosen him, he has been distant from me." I assure her "Don't feel bad Care. He will get over it eventually. Honestly, I'm still a little surprised myself. You actually have chosen Klaus. I bet when you told him, he was as happy as an Easter Bunny." I was teasing her on the last part.

Then I notice Caroline's head is still down and that's when I realize "Oh my God! Care, you haven't told him yet?" I ask in shock. Caroline exclaims, nervously "NO! I mean what if he has already moved on? What if I'm too late? I mean he is in New Orleans, maybe he found someone new!" Caroline said sadly with her head down.

I sigh "Well Care, you're never gonna know for sure if you don't talk to him." I smile at her then she smiles back at me. She becomes more confident "You know what, Elena? You're right. I'm going to call him tomorrow and talk to him before we head off to school." I smile widely "That's my Caroline!" We both laugh.

We stop when we see Bonnie walk in with a girl. She has dirty blonde hair and brown eyes and looks a little Hispanic. I speak to the girl "Hello!" Along with Caroline. Caroline asks in curiosity "Who are you?" And Bonnie answers "This is Giavanni, our roommate." Bonnie squints her eyes a little and me too because we both know Caroline is gonna blow.

Caroline herself stands furiously and blows up "ROOMMATE?! IMPOSSIBLE! WE NEVER HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT GETTING A NEW ROOMMATE!" I stand next to Caroline in case she tries to do something stupid.

The girl Giavanni frowns, looking upset "Oh! I'm sorry, this is where they told me my room is. If it's a problem I can just-" Bonnie interrupts her "No, Giavanni, ignore her. It is 100% fine if you stay here with us. Here, our room is that one straight ahead. Go on, go unpack!"

She hesitates "Are you sure? Because I don't want to intrude-" I interrupt her "Nonsense. Go on, get unpacked." She smiles at us and goes to get unpacked. As soon as she is in the room and closes the door, Caroline whispers "Are you kidding me?! Why didn't we hear about this?!"

I say, confused and curious "I don't know. Bonnie, care to explain how you ran into her in the first place? I assume if you did know something about us getting a roommate you would have at least said something to us about it." I cross my arms, waiting for her to reply.

Bonnie rolls her eyes "I didn't know either. I only just found out when I saw her in the halls with Stefan." I ask in confusion "Stefan?" And she answers "Yeah. And I promised him we ALL would be nice to her. So, for him Care, be nice. If I didn't know any better, I'd say he really likes this girl. So please, come on, for Stefan, be nice."

I know it's wrong and I shouldn't feel this way, but I can't help the jealousy that's starting to boil inside me. I can't believe he moved on so quickly. Just earlier today he told me he needed time and now Bonnie tells me he is drooling over this new girl and one he just met. Are you kidding me?

What snaps me out of my thoughts is Caroline saying "Okay. FOR STEFAN!" I nod my head in agreement and Bonnie says "Okay." Giavanni comes out with her pajamas on. Her shorts have little red hearts on them and her shirt says with capital gold and pink letters 'Love Is Why We Are All Here'.

She smiles "Hi!" And we say it back. She asks "Can I get a bottle of water?" And Bonnie says "Giavanni, it's your room too now. Get whatever you want, you don't have to ask for permission." Bonnie smiles and Giavanni smiles back "Thank you."

She grabs a water bottle from the mini-fridge. Thank God Caroline decided to put the blood bags in her own mini-fridge. I don't know what came over me, but I yelled before she went to her room "HEY!" She turned around while jumping a little because of me screaming at her.

Bonnie and Caroline look at me like I have two heads, but I ignore their looks and ask her "How do you know Stefan?" I noticed her blushing and smiling widely at the sound of his name.

She explains "Well, while he was walking to his motorcycle, I accidentally ran into him. From there, I apologized and he forgave me. I was so confused because I didn't know where I was going. So, I asked him if he could show me where to find the dorm rooms and he did. He is such a sweet gentleman." Her smile becomes brighter and she blushes more.

I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I can't help feeling the jealousy in me starting to boil over. I try not to sound mad as I say "OKAY. Well, goodnight!" I know I failed. From the corner of my eye, I notice her, Bonnie, and Caroline looking at me in confusion.

I get under my covers and turn off my light. Everyone else does the same and goes to bed. Caroline asks me "Elena, are you okay?" I gulp and answer "Of course, Care. Why wouldn't I be?"

She says, unconvinced "Okay!" Then she goes to sleep. I go to sleep too, thinking about what I just did, and whisper to myself "What the hell is wrong with me?"