Chapter 16: Talk About Awkward

Bonnie's POV
Oh my God. Jeremy's back? Why? I mean, I'm glad he's back, but why? What interrupts me out of my thoughts is Jeremy saying "Hey Bonnie. How are you?" I stutter "I-I'm u-uh great. How about you?" And he says "Awesome. Um, hey everyone."

Everyone says "Hi!" He asks me "Don't I at least get a hug?" I get up out of my seat while playfully rolling my eyes at him and hug him then I pull away. I notice Kai looking a little upset.

Oh man, this is going to be a weird dinner. I can already see it. I mean, I really like Kai, but there are still some feelings in me left for Jeremy. Damn it! WHAT DO I DO? Gabriella winks at me and says "Okay, the waitress is coming back. Let's order, shall we?" And everyone says "Yeah!" "Mhmm!"

I mouth to her "Thank you!" And she mouths back "You're welcome!" I smile at her and she smiles back. Jeremy sits next to me while smiling at me and I smile back. Then I turn to Kai, who looks at me and shows a small, yet sad smile and I smile back at him.

Elena asks in curiosity "So Jer, what are you doing back here in Mystic Falls?" I look at him just as curious to hear his answer. He says "Well, my school is on break right now." Caroline speaks up "Wait. You guys started your spring break early?" And he answers "Yeah. I don't know why, but they did, so here I am."

I say "Great. Good to have you back Jer." He smiles at me and asks "Yeah?" I nod my head and I notice Kai is still looking down. Just when I am about to ask him if he was okay, the waitress comes over and asks "Okay, what would you guys like?" And I say "I will take the sirloin steak with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans."

Kai says looking a little depressed and distracted "I will have the same please." I smile at him and he smiles back at me. Elena says "I will take a grilled chicken Caesar salad with the butter bread and lobster bisque."

Damon says "I'll have the shrimp scampi." Klaus, Kol, Giavanni, and Tyler say "I'm good." I notice Stefan staring at Giavanni when she said that. Her not wanting to eat must have something to do with her bulimia. God, I feel so bad for her. Everything she went through as a child, it's just sad.

Everyone else orders their food and the waitress says "I'll be back with your meals shortly." We say "Thank you!" Now there is a little awkward silence roaming through the air. Elena breaks it and asks "So, Giavanni? Why are you not eating?"

I glare at her like 'Are you kidding me?' and I know she saw me, she is just ignoring me. Giavanni says "Um, I'm just not hungry right now." I look at her with sad eyes along with Stefan and the rest of the girls. Elena replies "So, tell us more about yourself. You know... tell us about your life and your parents. Are they cool?"

I look at her skeptically then I look over at Giavanni who looks really upset. Giavanni says "Yeah, they were." Elena asks in curiosity "What do you mean were?" Gia's voice cracks a little as she answers "They died when I was 15 in a car accident." She stands there frozen while shedding a few tears.

Elena says "Oh, I'm so sorry. That's awful. I lost my parents to the same thing. What happened?" We look at her and she answers while still tearing up a little "Well, we were on our way back home from family night. We went bowling, and when we did, there was a massive storm. A lot of rain and thundering, my dad could barely see anything and we ended up getting hit by a truck. When we did our car flipped multiple times. I fell out of the car when it happened while my parents were still inside the car. I wanted to get up and help them. I really wanted to, but every time I would move it would hurt so much and I couldn't do it. When I finally managed to get up, I was going to help them, then the next thing I knew, the car bursted into flames." She says the last part crying and Stefan holds her while she cries onto his chest.