Chapter 12: Jealousy and Protectiveness

Gabriella's POV
The girls and I are dancing like there is no tomorrow. They all texted their guys to come join us, except me of course. Nobody can know about I and Kol yet until the prom. That is why Care had my back and told Klaus to invite him.

I can't wait to see him, but at the same time it's awful because I can't touch him and kiss him at all, but later I will. I am going to tell my brothers I'm going to be up at our beach house for a little while, but what they don't know is that I am not going to be alone. Kol will be there too, but they don't have to know that.

I love Kol so much. He is amazing. I know he was a bad guy once, but he is better now. He is a better man and I know my brothers won't approve of him, but I am happy with him. And if they can't understand that, then that's their problem, but I will never leave Kol. No matter what. Kol is the one. The one for me.

The girls just said the guys are on their way. Damn it! I need another glass of wine. I am not drunk enough to be in the same room with the three of them. I only drink wine and champagne not bourbon and tequila— by itself. It's too hard and sour and very distasteful.

The guys just arrived and Damon teases "Hey girls. Don't mind if we crash the party, right?" The girls say "Right!" All the girls go to their husband/boyfriends/prom dates. Caroline goes to Klaus, Elena goes to Damon, Jo goes to Ric, Giavanni goes to Stefan, Liv goes to Tyler, and Bonnie goes to Kai.

I feel Kol's eyes on me. I look at him and smile and he does the same. I see him walk over to the bar and grab a drink. The next thing I know, I turn around and see Klaus in front of me. I smile "Hey Klaus!" Then hug him and he hugs me back and says "Hey Gabby. How are you today?"

I answer "I'm good. How are you and Caroline?" We pull away and he smiles very brightly "Amazing." I smile at him and nod my head and ask "When are you going to tell her about Hope?" His smile falls.

He explains "Well, I was going to tell her over dinner tonight. But, she surprised me with this whole prom thing and it seems important to her. So, I decided to wait till after prom to tell her." I say "Okay, but you have to do it. She has a right to know. Tell her the day after prom." He nods his head.

Klaus states "Yeah, I know. I am. I told Stefan and he said the same thing." I choke on my wine and ask "You told Stefan?" He nods his head, laughing a little at my reaction. I ask "Well, what did he say?" And he answers "Well, he was very shocked and surprised, but other than that, he had asked me her name and gender in curiosity, and said to tell Caroline soon."

I nod my head and he holds out his hand and asks "Want to dance?" And I ask "What about Caroline?" He turns his attention else where and I follow his eyes and see Caroline giggling, dancing, and laughing with Liv. I nod my head and shrug "Okay, let's dance!" I laugh and he laughs with me and we dance.

We have been dancing together for the past 15 minutes. He spins me around and brings me back to him, then I wrap my arms around his neck and rest my head on his shoulder while laughing with him. He has his arms wrapped around my waist.

I feel eyes on me and they are Kol's. I look over to him without Klaus noticing and see Kol looking over at us, clenching his jaw and narrowing his eyes at us in Jealousy. I notice Klaus looking over at Caroline, who has the same face expression as Kol.

Klaus looks at me like 'I have to go to her' and I assure him "Go! I'll see you later." He nods his head and walks over to Caroline. He touches her face and gives her a kiss which makes her smile again, and they start dancing together. I look over to where Kol was and see he is not there. Oh great. I sigh in frustration.

I go over to the bar and grab two glasses of wine and drink both of them down. I feel Kol's eyes on me from afar. I look to him and I smile at him and he shows a small smile but still looks a bit jealous.