Chapter 3: What My Life is All About

The Next Morning

Caroline's POV
"Okay, Caroline. You can do this! Just dial Klaus' number and tell him how you feel. Okay... Now!" I say to myself. I press Klaus' number and call him. I hear ringing and ringing and ringing, and my heart beating out of my chest.

I can't do this. I can't! He is Klaus freaking Mikaelson. The oldest-strongest-biggest-original-vampire-werewolf-hybrid alive. He has probably already moved on and forgotten about me. I'm just a regular, small-town baby vampire.

Just when I am about to chicken out, I hear his voice on the other side of the phone. Just by the sound of his voice, I feel my heart beating faster, and I feel butterflies in my stomach.

He replies "Hello, Caroline. Haven't heard from you in a while." I respond, nervous "Yeah, it's been a while. How have you been Klaus?" And Klaus answers "I have been well Caroline. How about you?"

I answer "Very good. Listen, I wanted to talk to you about something." He asks "About what, love?" And I blurt out "Tyler and I broke up a week ago!" There is a little silence over the phone until he finally speaks up and says "Oh! I'm sorry, love."

I know he was lying because he didn't sound at all sorry. It makes me smile a bit because it means that a part of him still has feelings for me. I state "No you're not." He admits "You're right, I'm not! Sorry."

I reply "It's okay. Do you wanna know why?" Klaus states "Sure!" I can hear the hope in his voice. It makes me feel more confident about telling him. I confess "Because of you Klaus. I finally realized that... I love you." I can hear the silence over the phone, so I ask in concern "Klaus? Klaus, are you still there?"

Klaus' POV
I can't believe what I just heard. She loves me! Caroline finally admits she loves me. I'm feeling something I haven't felt in a thousand years... So much joy. The sound of her beautiful voice pulls me out of my trance. I hear her ask "Klaus? Are you there? What's wrong?" I calm her down "Nothing love. I'm just very happy right now. You have no idea how long I have waited for you to say that."

I hear her say "I know. Sorry for the wait." I say "It's okay love. I'm just glad you have finally said it." She says in a soft tone "Me too. I want to see you right now. Can you come to me? If not then I will come to you... I really want to see you, Klaus." I am so shocked by her words.

I reply "I will come to you, love. You stay there and finish your college future." I say this while smiling. I hear her say "Okay. Please come as soon as you can." I chuckle and respond, still smiling "I will love. As soon as I can. See you soon... I love you!" I hear her say "I love you too, Klaus!"

I feel my heart warm up hearing that and I feel so much happiness and love right now. I hang up then vamp speed to my home and pack my bags. I finally got my girl. I have to see her! NOW!

After a few minutes, I hear my little brother, Kol, ask "Where are you going, brother?" I answer while closing my suitcases "Mystic Falls!" And he asks "Why?" I turn around and answer, while walking out the door with my bags "Because the love of my life is there waiting for me."

I notice a slight smile and smirk on his face. He says "Wait. I want to come with you." I ask slightly confused "Why?" And he answers "I just want to come. I've missed that town a little." I'm still quite suspicious of why he wants to come, but I agree anyway "Fine, hurry up!" He speeds off to his room and packs.

A few minutes later, when I am done letting Rebekah, Marcel, Hayley, and Elijah know about my two-week trip to Mystic Falls, I see Kol downstairs packed and by the door with a smirk.