Chapter 4: Hello Again

Giavanni's POV
"Hey, do any of you guys know where I can find Mr. Saltzman for history?" I asked Elena, Bonnie, and Caroline. Elena answers a little rudely "Yeah, we have him next. He's my guardian."

I ask trying to calm things down between us "Oh, is he your uncle?" She gives me an irritated glare and responds "No, he is a family friend and he took me and my brother, Jeremy, in."

I reply "Oh, well, that was nice of him!" And she nods "Mm-hm!" I also notice Bonnie and Caroline being curious about her behavior as much as I am. I stop us and ask as nicely as I can "Elena? Did I do something to make you hate me so much?"

Elena sighs and frowns in guilt. She says feeling bad "NO! You did nothing wrong. I'm just a little cranky today. I'm a little tired. Sorry if I made it seem like I hated you." I respond "It's okay. I'm just glad we cleared things up now!" And she replies "Me too."

Phew! I'm really glad she doesn't hate me. I see Caroline and Bonnie smiling at us. Bonnie states "Well, I'm glad we patched things up. Now, let's get going. Come on." We all linked arms, heading to class. I'm so glad things are working out.

Elena's POV
Oh my God, what is wrong with me? I was so rude to her. What the hell was I thinking talking to her like that? She was just trying to be nice. Just like how she was being oh-so-nice to Stefan. Oh my God, I'm jealous. Why am I so jealous? I'm with Damon and I love him. Do I? Shut up Elena, of course, you do.

The sound of Liv, Tyler, and Kai's voices pulls me out of the trance I'm in. I notice Tyler looking up at Caroline, and she smiles and waves at him, but he just frowns at her and walks the other way. That makes Caroline frown and look down feeling guilty.

Bonnie comforts her. Poor Care! She can't help who she falls for. Ever since Tyler found out that she is in love with Klaus, he has been ignoring her since. Poor Caroline and poor him, too. Finding out that the woman you love is in love with the man you despise most in this world has got to be tough.

The two walking towards us are Liv and Kai. They are brother and sister and they are witches. A while ago, Kai was the bad guy. He killed Luke, Liv's twin by merging with him. A merge is when two twins merge their strengths. The stronger one wins, absorbing their twin's power, and the weaker of the two dies.

Kai was planning on merging with his twin sister, but his little brother Luke, decided to merge with him. Kai was trapped in a prison world at 22 years old, so when he got out he was still 22 years old. Lucas was too, so he merged with Kai so Jo wouldn't have to.

But when he did, he got Luke's personality, so let's just say he is now on team good guys. Kai has a thing for Bonnie and Bonnie used to date my brother Jeremy.

He left for art school, so she is now free and Kai keeps trying to get her to give him a chance, but Bonnie keeps playing hard to get. Kai replies "Hey, you guys!" while smiling at Bonnie.

She rolls her eyes, smiling at him a little. He sees Giavanni and asks "Who's your friend?" And Caroline answers while smiling and not forcing it "This is Giavanni, our new roommate."

Giavanni says while holding out her hand for them to shake "Hi, it's nice to meet you!" She smiles at them. Liv and Kai both say together while waiting each other's turn to shake her hand "Hi."

Liv says "Hi, I'm Liv and this is my brother Kai!" And she says "Cool. Are you guys coming with us to history?" Kai answers "Yeah, but class doesn't start till another thirty minutes, so why don't we just sit and hang?" We nod our heads in agreement and we head to the couch area and wait for class to start.

Ten minutes later, we heard a voice behind us. Stefan's voice and he's smiling brighter than I have ever seen him smile "Hey, you guys!" We all greet him good morning.

Then he speaks again, only this time to Giavanni "Hey Giavanni!" He then flashes her a bright smile. Once again, my jealousy resurfaces as I start to frown and clench my jaw in annoyance.

I noticed Giavanni looking down blushing and smiling, which made me feel more anger than I had already felt. She states "Hello Again, Stefan!" All sweet and innocent. How pathetic.

Everybody noticed their glances towards each other. They all smirk at one another, noticing that something is most definitely going on between them. Stefan asks "So, what are you guys up to?" while sitting down next to me, still looking at Giavanni.

I answer "Nothing much Stef, just hanging out." I touch his shoulder lightly and when I touch him he still hasn't taken his eyes off Giavanni, but she did when she saw me touching his shoulder. Her smile falls and she frowns in jealousy.

Liv, Kai, Bonnie, and Caroline's facial expressions were covered with confusion. Stefan realizes Giavanni is looking a little upset, so, he looks over to what she is staring at and realizes my hand is on his shoulder.

He then chuckles nervously, realizing she probably thinks we're a couple. He pushes my hand off his shoulder gently, but I still gape and widen my eyes. Shock, jealousy, and anger are what I feel after he's done that, while everyone else is just shocked by what he did.

He responds "Um, so I guess you have met everyone, right? Bonnie, Caroline, Liv, Kai, and Elena. My FRIENDS!" He emphasizes "friends" like he's trying to tell her that he and I are only friends. I don't know why, but that pissed me off.

She sighed in relief trying not to make Stefan or any of us notice, but failed. She says all annoyingly, sweet "Yeah, I have. They're all so nice." She then smiles and he smiles back at her. The girls give 'Awe' faces, while I just roll my eyes.

I say while gladly interrupting their little bond without hesitation "Okay, well, we have five minutes to get to class. Let's go." I walk away along with a very confused Caroline, Bonnie, Liv, and even Kai. But they stopped because they were waiting for Giavanni.

I roll my eyes and wait too. Caroline saw me roll my eyes and she asked "Elena, what is wrong with you?" And I lie "Nothing Care, really." She nods her head, saying "Okay!" in a disbelieving way.

Then we both look over at Stefan and Giavanni, waiting for her. At the same time, I listened to her and Stefan's conversation. Giavanni smiles at him and says "Stefan, I just want to thank you for helping me out yesterday!"

He replies "Anytime Gia." We all look at each other in shock and confusion because of what he called her. Even Giavanni looks a little confused. She asks sweetly, while smiling cutely "Wait, what did you just call me?"

He smiles back at her "Gia. It's a little nickname I came up with for you. Your name is Gia-Vanni, so I just came up with the nickname, Gia. Do you like it?" She smiles at him and says "I love it. Th-thank you!" He smiles and replies "You're welcome!"

She states "Well, I have to get going. See you later, Stefan." He smiles more and says "See you later." She hugs him which leaves him and the rest of us shocked

They pull away and she gives him one last smile and he does the same. She walks away from him, coming towards us. She turns to him one more time and smiles and waves at him and he waves back smiling too. Which leaves us here waiting for her, shocked and stunned by Stefan's actions towards her.

Stefan turns around and walks out of the building. Giavanni comes towards us, smiling, and says "Okay. Well, let's get going shall we?" Everyone except me says "Yeah." We start walking to history while I am just jealous and mad about Stefan's affection towards her.

He never even treated me the same way he treated her. We walk into Ric's room. Caroline motions for Giavanni to sit at the end next to her and she does that. Wow! Caroline is actually nice to her and not faking. She likes her. First my boyfriend, now my friends. What's next? My brother? Wait! Stefan isn't even my boyfriend. Snap out of it Elena.

Ric comes in and greets "Good morning class. Today, we are going to be learning about the civil war. But, first things first, we have a new student. Her name is Giavanni. Giavanni? Please stand up." She stands up and everybody claps for her while I just roll my eyes at her.

She sits back down and Ric says while smiling at her "Hi Giavanni. My name is, Alaric Saltzman." She says "Nice to meet you, Mr. Saltzman." Ric smiles at her and continues "Alright class, let's begin."

He begins writing on the board and I shoot Giavanni a glare while she is looking at the board. If this girl thinks she is going to come in and take my friends and family, she has another thing coming.