Chapter 13: I Love You

A/n: I put up the picture of the beach house, if you want to know what it looks like.

Caroline's POV
"You and bloody Kol!" Klaus exclaims, incredulously, after Gabriella told him about her and Kol. Klaus says in shock "Well, I didn't see that coming. How long has this secret love affair been going on?"

Gabriella explains "Well, we started growing feelings for each other after the ball with you and your family. We just decided to hide them from each other. For- well, my reason is because of my brothers, his reason is because love is a vampires greatest weakness-" I interrupt her, a little too eager "Okay, can you get to the point of when you two happened!"

She widens her eyes and gapes at me surprised, while Klaus just laughs a little. Gabby continues "Okay, okay, we happened last year. A while after Stefan killed Katherine, he came back and didn't know we were still here, and I saw him at the grill.

Flashback ~ Now Gabriella's POV
I walked into the grill feeling happy about finally being rid of Katherine. All she ever did was bring my family pain and now she can't anymore. Thank God.

As I am walking towards the bar, I see Kol and I walk over to him smiling. I greet him "Hi." Then my smile falls when I see him look at me in disgust. He gets up and pushes past me.

Of course me being me, I wasn't going to let him get away with that, so I followed after him. I called for him "Hey! Kol stop!" He didn't listen to me. Then I got annoyed and vamp speed in front of him to stop him from walking away from me.

He yelled at me "WHAT? WHAT DO YOU WANT?" And I scream back at him "WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM? WHY ARE YOU BEING LIKE THIS?" He screams at me "BECAUSE YOU AND YOUR PATHETIC LITTLE FRIENDS AND BROTHERS, KILLED JACQUE. YOU KILLED MY BROTHER!"

I was standing there shocked. I heard the pain and hurt in his voice. He said loudly again "I WOULD HAVE EXPECTED THIS FROM THEM, BUT FROM YOU..." he stopped and paused for a moment then continued more calmly yet hurt "You had me fooled. You actually had me fooled."

It killed me seeing him like this. I had nothing to do with what happened to Finn or Jacque. If anything, I was disappointed and just as pissed when I found out what happened. No one should ever have to feel the pain of losing a loved one. And it broke my heart seeing how much it hurt him because he thinks I was involved.

I explain to him "Kol, I swear I had nothing to do with that. That was all them, I was never a part of that. I was left out of the loop. I would never had let them do that Kol. I swear I didn't know they were going to do that. I was just as upset with them as you are. I didn't approve of it either Kol-" I cupped his face with my hands and looked him sincerely in his eyes and continued "I would never ever hurt or betray you like that."

Kol looked at me apologetically and with sincerity. He said in a sad tone "Oh. I'm sorry, I didn't know. When I heard your brothers were involved I assumed you were too. I'm so sorry, Gabby."

I said still cupping his face "It's okay, you know now. That's all that matters." He smiled at me and I smiled back. We looked into each others eyes. Before I could look deeper, I looked away and I removed my hands from his cheeks.

But he stopped me and said "Please, don't! I like it." He put my hands back on his cheeks then we locked eyes again and this time I was deep in his eyes. I was lost in them. Those beautiful-sexy-big-brown eyes.