Chapter 6: Beautiful

Stefan's POV
I'm back at Whitmore college to see Giavanni. I really hope Giavanni didn't get the idea of I and Elena being a couple because we are absolutely not... anymore. I am walking around trying to find her when I hear a beautiful voice coming from the music room.

I go to see who it is. As I walk in, I see Gia playing the piano and singing beautifully. Oh My God, she can sing?! Giavanni sings "Open ey-eyes, I can see what's in front of me. Open mi-mind, imagining what I will be. Open ey-eyes, I can see how it's gonna be. Whatever, whenever, we'll make it happen."

She stops for a little bit and I couldn't help myself. I clap and she turns around frightened a little. I say "Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. It's just... you have a beautiful voice. You sound amazing. Did you write that song?" I go sit next to her.

She looks down, looking a little shy and nervous. She stutters "Y-yes. Do you really like it?" She asks me. I answer "Like it? I love it! I didn't know you sing and write songs."

Gia brings her head back up and smiles and blushes a little. I couldn't help but do the same. She says while smiling so beautifully "Well, I do and I'm glad you like it." I say while also smiling "Absolutely. You have a beautiful voice."

She looks down again, smiling and blushing and we both laugh a little together. I ask her, intrigued "Can I hear the rest of it?" She brought her head back up again really fast.

She asks, nervous "Y-you really want to?" I answer while grabbing her hand "Yes. I really, really do." She says "Okay." She smiles brightly and starts playing the piano and singing.

"Open ey- eyes, I can see what's in front of me. Open mi- mind, imaging what I will be. Open ey- eyes, I can see how it's gonna be. Whatever, whenever, we'll make it happen.

If you tell me that I can't, I will, I will. If you're telling me stop, I won't, I won't. You see "no" is not in my vocabulary. Don't underestimate this girl, extraordinary.

No matter, what or where I'm from. No matter, how my time has come. Hey! Open ey- eyes, I can see what's in front of me. Open mi- mind, imagining what I will be. Open ey- eyes, I can see how it's gonna be. Whatever, whenever, we'll make it happen."

After she is done singing, I am sitting there looking at her shocked and impressed. She sings so beautifully and the lyrics are amazing. What interrupts me out of my thoughts is her asking me, nervously "So, what do you think?" And I answer in amazement "You. Are. Awesome. The lyrics are amazing and your voice is..." I pause for a moment while smiling "Beautiful."

She looks down smiling and blushing, then brings her head back up and responds "Thank you, Stefan. That means a lot coming from you." I reply, feeling happy that my opinion actually matters to her "You are welcome, Gia." She giggles and smiles.

She looks to me and says "I love the nickname you came up for me." I smile back at her, but then I notice her getting lost in her thoughts and she looks down frowning which makes me frown in confusion.

I ask her "What's wrong?" While rubbing her back because I notice a tear running down her face, which makes me start to worry. She lies, while wiping the tear "Nothing!" I speak in a stern tone "Hey, don't lie to me. You can talk to me, what's wrong?" She looks up at me and smiles a little still crying. Seconds after, she goes back to frowning.