Chapter 11: The Big L Word

Klaus's POV
We finally get to the store we are going to and we have finally found our perfect tuxedoes. Caroline will love me. But of course, we still need our handkerchiefs. We all decide to get the handkerchiefs that matches our dates dresses.

We decided to call each of our girlfriends. They wouldn't show us because they wanted it to be a surprise, so, we only got the color. I really wish Caroline would have picked a different color dress. Hot Pink! Really?

But no matter. I'm sure she will look gorgeous in it, so it's worth it. How much I love that woman. I just hope when I tell her about Hope she won't change her mind about me. I love her and have worked too hard to get her to lose her.

What interrupts me out of my thoughts is Damon saying, while looking in the mirror "Man, I look good in this suit. Elena is going to love me." We are in the fitting rooms, trying on tuxedos. Kol is sitting down, already knowing he wants the tuxedo he is wearing. We all roll our eyes at Damon's cockiness and say, sarcastically "Yeah." "Okay."

He scoffs "Oh, quiet haters!" And Kai states "Dude, we are not hating on you. You just brag about yourself and Elena way too much." We nod our heads in agreement. Damon shrugs "Oh, whatever! Enough about me. Let's talk about our girls!" We all agree "Okay!"

Damon says "Okay, first up, Klaus! How about you and Barbie?" I smile and start "Okay, I and CAROLINE..." I'm saying Caroline like that because Caroline hates it when he calls her that and if she hates it, then so do I "Are doing amazing so far. You know, the thousand years I have been alive, I never thought that I would find someone to love again. All my life, I have killed with no remorse. I would kill and feed off people, then terrorize others just to get them to fear me. I always did that until the day I laid eyes on her. When I saw her, I realized that she is definitely something to be good for. So, I stopped and tried to woo her. One day I knew she would eventually realize her feelings for me and give in and she did. For her, I will never be the guy I was before. I love her so much. Caroline is the light of my life." I got so deep in thought about how Caroline makes me feel, I totally forgot about the others that were here.

When I turn around to face them, they all look completely and utterly shocked, but some others had different expressions other than just shock. Like Damon and Kol were shocked yet still had smirks on their faces. Stefan looks happy, proud, and shocked. Tyler— of course, looks angry and shocked— like I care. The others, Alaric and Kai were just plain speechless and shocked.

After a minute of adjusting everything I just said, Stefan breaks the silence "Well, okay. Wow Klaus. You are more deep than we thought. Congrats buddy!" Then pats my back. That leaves me shocked and the others too. He actually called me buddy.

I pat his back and say "Thanks mate. Just like old times, right?" He nods his head. I notice Damon is jealous of our brother bond right now and from the twenties, when he interrupts "Yeah, okay, enough. Now you, Kol. Who are you bringing, since you're crashing the prom? I doubt you're gonna turn up alone."

We all turn to him in curiosity, especially me. Before we left New Orleans, he said he was coming to see someone too. I want to know who it is. So, I am definitely paying attention to this. Kol says "You are correct, but I am not saying. You will see when she and I get there."

Damon asks "Why? Why so secretive?" Kol rolls his eyes and says, annoyed "Because it's none of your business!" And Damon says "Touché." Kol smirks and says "Besides, it's not like I will be able to go with the beautiful, Gabriella, known as your sister. Damn, she is so beautiful. Even her name is beautiful. Gabriella."

I hear low, but loud growls behind me. We turn around to see a very angry Stefan and Damon, looking like they are about to rip out Kol's heart. They were going to go after him but I hold Stefan back and Alaric and Kai hold Damon back.