𝙇𝙤𝙨𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝘼𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣

|| 🌸🌸🌸||

|| 🌸🌸🌸||

When a crow came to Urokodaki, and bowed its head, Nezuko instantly knew what it meant.

Urokodaki said nothing upon hearing the news. All he did was nodded his head and turned back to head into his house where Nezuko already peeking from behind the door to avoid the remaining sunlight of the sun as it began to set.

" Nezuko, I have something to tell you."

The old man sat down beside Nezuko, who looked at him with a blank expression. Despite the lack of expression, deep down inside the demon was the feeling of anxious and fear mingling together, praying silently to hope that what she was thinking about was wrong.

Urokodaki took a deep breath.

" Your brother failed the Final Selection. I am sorry."

Failing the Final Selection test only meant death.

Tanjirou is dead.

Nezuko let the truth sinking inside her slowly for a moment before finally reacting to it.

Her brother is dead.

Her only living family is gone.

The sorrow and horrible feeling that she once felt when she lose all of her other family resurfaced. Nezuko's body began to shake, she reached for her face and found it already wet by the tears that leaking out of her eyes.

" Nezuko..." Urokodaki put a hand on the demon's shoulder to comfort her.

The demon girl shook her head, put her head in her arms and began to cry at the loss of her brother. She woke up a few days ago, wanting to see her brother, but only met with the news of his death before she could even see him after two years of sleeping?

She wondered why life could be so cruel sometimes.

___________

Nezuko found herself wide awake even if was already night time and Urokodaki had gone off to sleep. This might be something as a demon that she should get used to.

Her eyes were a bit swollen and red due to her crying for hours after receiving the death of her brother. She was sitting quietly in front of the fireplace, her knees up on her chest as she rested her head in her arms.

What is she going to do now?

Nezuko was well aware of her being a demon. Tanjirou could have gotten a death sentence for defending her, and the only reason he didn't was because she restrained herself from attacking and eating humans. Her brother swore to find the person who massacred their family, but even with him being dead, what's going to happen next?

The demon girl spared a glance at the sleeping old man. She didn't want to burden Urokodaki anymore -- maybe it'd be better if she leaves...after all, demons are never welcome with living with humans.

So she stood up and went into the room she used to sleep in for the last 2 years. There was a box nearby, a box that Urokodaki had prepared for Tanjirou when he got back so he could carry Nezuko in it. Nezuko opened a closet and took out her brother's haori. She hugged it to her chest, already wanting to cry once again. Nezuko wiped the tears on her eyes and stuffed the haori into the box. She also noticed a stack of books on the table and flipped them opened to reveal that it was her brother's diary.

Nezuko might seemed clueless but she could still remembered some things from her human's life. Like Tanjirou's handwriting. She found a string under the table and used it to wrap the diaries together before putting them in the box too.

" Nezuko."

The demon flinched in surprise and turned around to see Urokodaki standing in the doorway.

" You are planning on leaving." It was more of a statement rather than a question.

She hesitated at first, but then nodded to confirm his words. Urokodaki approached Nezuko and reached out to touch her head.

" I will not stop you, nor will I ask what you want to do. But I must warn you that you are a demon, and there are many slayers out there that never seen a demon who doesn't eat humans like you. So be careful." He gently stroke her head." If you ever see the need to come back here, you are most welcome."

Nezuko hummed in response, leaning to his touch. She regarded him as a guardian who carefully taking care of her for the last few days. Urokodaki held a special place in the girl's heart, he was like a grandfather figure to her.

Her mind wasn't really clear but she remembered exactly what her brother wanted to do the most aside from finding the person who killed their family.

Turning Nezuko back into a human.

Nezuko would fulfill her brother's wish if it was the last thing she do.

|| 💮💮💮 ||

A/N : This fanfic is inspired by drawings of Nezuko and Akaza in Pixiv 👇 Go check it, they're amazing