𝘽𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣

|| 🌸🌸🌸 ||

|| 🌸🌸🌸 ||

It was...peaceful.

The wind breeze was gentle, the sky was cloudy, but not too much to block the sunlight from shining down on him...and he wasn't burning.

Akaza fluttered his eyes opened.

The first thing he saw was a the familiar girl that pointed to the ruins of the fallen buildings when he was trying to find Nezuko. He thought she was beautiful back there.

Her beauty seemed to double as she looked down on him with her eyes closed and a soft smile on her face.

" You are..." He realized upon the fact that he seemed to be lying on her laps. It felt comfortable.

A quiet hum vibrated from her throat, " Take it easy. It's all right, I'll be here."

Akaza squinted his eyes, not knowing what she was talking about. But when she opened her eyes, revealing pink coloured orbs with flower shape, it felt like a gush of wing just rushed over the demon.

" Ko..yuki...?"

He remembered.

His sick father. His master. His Koyuki. His life was he was a human.

When he was Hakuji.

Koyuki's smiled widened.

" It's nice seeing you again, my dear Hakuji."

_________

Akaza blinked again and found himself back in the dark forest.

His eyes widened, he rushed forward to change his sitting position, gasping for air as he felt the burning pain on his head fading away. Once the pain was totally gone, his breath calmed down and he was able to focus more on his surrounding.

" Well that went easier than I thought it could be. You must have a stronger control over your mind and body."

It was that kid -- that demon boy.

Akaza, still breathing rather heavily, glowered at him, " What did you do to me? "

" I broke your connection with Muzan," Tanjirou said, " he can no longer detect your location, read your mind or anything. "

" What?! " The pink-haired demon stumbled to his feet. " How did you --?! "

" Every demons made by him has a thread connected to him. Oddly, I am the one who could see them. The only thing I need to do to break the connection is to cut the thread. I just did that with Uppermoon 1 and 2 while you were unconscious. Truthfully, you woke up earlier than I thought while the other two are still laying on the ground."

His tone was even, as if this wasn't something new to him. Behind him, Akaza could see the bodies of Kokushibou and Douma laid on the grass. They seemed unharmed, but the fact that they were unconscious on the ground didn't sit right with him.

" Who..." Akaza turned back to the young demon, "...who are you? "

A grim smile was on the boy's face as he replied.

" My name is Kamado Tanjirou, the older brother of Nezuko." He extended out one hand. " And you better get up now, we need to go to the secret lair. I am still not letting you go about my sister though."

________

" Ara? I thought he'd be here."

Nezuko spared a peek under the blanket she was in. There was a familiar looking demon slayer standing on the doorway. She was the woman with butterfly hair clips from before.

Shinobu tilted her head at Nezuko, " Little demon girl, do you know where Tomioka-san is? Or did you perhaps has eaten him? " It supposed to sound like a joke, but her tone was icy and threatening.

Nezuko stared at her for a few seconds before snuggled back inside the blanket. She didn't want to deal with anyone now.

After her quarrel with Giyuu, Nezuko spent her time in her room where Giyuu had placed her in. She hid under the blanket, not coming out even if he tried to talk to her. Giyuu decided to let her be for a moment. It had been a few hours since he left her alone, and now someone else was in there? Some security the Water Hashira had.

Spending her time under her little world, Nezuko mourned for the death of her demon friends.

Gyutaro and Daki.

They were dead, she was sharp enough to figure that out. Despite the sins and horrible they had done, the demon siblings still treated her nicer than the slayers she met before.

So with a very small hope inside her, Nezuko clasped her hands, and prayed that Gyutaro and Daki's souls would at least be in peace, even if demons would not meet with one in the afterlife.

The sound of the door closing means that Shinobu had left. Yet, Nezuko still laid inside the blanket, safe from the outside world. She stared at the empty space for a moment and slowly drifting to sleep...

_______

" Sorry, Nezuko. We're sorry."

What are you sorry for?

Nezuko looked down on the girl wrapping her arms around her. A boy was beside her, staring at Nezuko with regret in his eyes as well. It took some times, but realization hit the demon girl of the fact that these two children were Gyutaro and Daki.

" Daki." Nezuko took a closer look on the girl. She was beautiful even as a child, but she looked different. Like a human.

" It's Ume." The former demon shook her head, tears still falling from her eyes." My real name is Ume."

Human Gyutaro patted Nezuko on the head. " We're sorry we had to go first. We didn't want to."

They were just...children. Yet they've been through so much. Nezuko's eyes softened and she pulled them in a hug.

" See you... some day?" She mumbled.

Gyutaro and Ume exchanged a glance. Small smiles were now on their faces as their shoulders relaxed.

" Let's hope so."

________

Giyuu was hovering over Nezuko when the demon woke up.

" Get ready, " the man began, " it's time to prove whether you are a foe or a friend. You'll be coming with me and Kocho on a mission."