𝘼𝙗𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙤𝙣𝙚𝙙?

|| 💮💮💮 ||

|| 💮💮💮 ||

2 weeks.

Akaza hadn't returned to Nezuko for a whole 2 weeks straight.

She would go to the spot he dropped her at after three days staying with Urokodaki. She didn't want to burden the old man further with helping a demon like her when he himself was supposed to slay her. Urokodaki packed her some more kimonos before sending her off.

Nezuko would waited at the promised spot that Akaza said he would picked her up. She stayed there since the sun set until sunrise where she would go hide from the sun in an old temple. She repeated this routine for two days.

Finally Nezuko decided to seek him herself.

She wondered why he hadn't returned back to her. Surely their relationship had improved as the time passed by. He'd make comments on how weak she was, but he always made sure she was protected. His actions showed a lot rather than his words.

Certainly Akaza had regarded Nezuko as a friend, right?

A friend...with a demon.

Nezuko stopped walking.

What...what is she doing? Befriending a man-eating demon that she supposed to hate? What about those determination she felt when she promised herself that she would turned herself back into a human in honor of her older brother? Was that all temporary?

Why did she keep following Akaza around?

Because --

She promised Koyuki. Yeah, she promised the girl that she would looked after the Uppermoon. She promised that she wouldn't let Akaza be alone.

But somehow,

Nezuko was the one who was feeling the bitter loneliness.

__________

3 days, still no sign of the Uppermoon demon.

Nezuko heaved a tired sigh as she plopped down on a wooden bench. She was nearby a town, the night was lightened up by the colours lamps in the town. The demon girl closed her eyes for a second, letting the night air cooling her.

" Since we're both here, why not just go on a hunt together? Sounds fun, right? "

" I refuse."

Eyes shot opened, Nezuko snapped her head aside to see two figures walking towards her. The shadow was covering their faces but as they got closer, Nezuko saw their eyes and jolted up.

She hopped off the bench and ran towards the people.

" Eh? Who are you? "

Douma looked down at the sight of Nezuko, tugging on his pants. The demon girl then turned to Kokushibou and waved her arms around.

"...A demon..." Kokushibou mumbled, sensing the scent of the girl.

Nezuko waved her arms up and down. Then she pointed to her eyes and then to their eyes.

" Oh! Our eyes? " Douma smiled. Normally he didn't interact with lower ranked demons than him, but the demon girl seemed amusing to him at the moment. " It's our rank. I am Uppermoon 2. And Kokushibou-dono is Uppermoon 1."

Nodding in understanding, she put up  three fingers.

" What? You mean Uppermoon 3? "

Nezuko nodded again.

" Kokushibou-dono! She knows Akaza-dono! " The rainbow-coloured eyes demon grinned excitedly. " What a coincidence! We're his friends! "

" We...are not..." Kokushibou shook his head.

He caught Nezuko staring at him. The two stared at each other for a few seconds, both filled with curiousity and wonder. The black-haired demon turned his gaze and began to walk away.

" Don't mind him, he's not a social kind of guy," Douma smirked, bending down slightly to take a good look at the girl, " hey, why don't you come with me? We can be friends! "

Nezuko thought about it. Well...if he really is Akaza's friend like be claimed to be, then he might know where Akaza was. Nezuko could spared some time for this guy maybe. He seemed nice, but his tone seemed fake. Nezuko wondered why.

When she nodded, Douma's smirk widened.

A new toy for him.

|| 🌸🌸🌸 ||

Extra notes :

• Douma hummed a soft melody as he brought Nezuko to his cult

• He told Nezuko that it was a melody that he heard from someone that he described as beautiful, outside and inside.

• Kokushibou stopped walking away when he heard that Douma wanted to bring Nezuko to his cult place.

• He felt oddly bothered by that.

• Kokushibou made a mental note to drop by Douma's place later after he had his meal

• Neither Kokushibou nor Douma knew where Akaza is.