𝙃𝙤𝙥𝙚𝙛𝙪𝙡

| | | | |

| | | | |

Nezuko didn't missed the wary glances thrown at her when she followed Giyuu entering the Butterfly estate. Supposedly, he said that he needed to fetch Shinobu there so the three of them could go to the targeted location together.

After leaving Urokodaki's house, Nezuko tried to make sure to stat out of humans' sight, so this quite new environment made her feel uncomfortable. She did expected this though, already being warned by the Water Hashira to stay close to him and not to cause any problems.

" Ah, Tomioka-sama? " A small girl, Sumi, just rounded a corner as she bumped into Giyuu. " Just in time! Shinobu-sama -- Kya!! " A small scream escaped her throat when her eyes landed on Nezuko.

" It's okay, " Giyuu assured Sumi, placing himself between the girls, " she's not going to hurt you. "

Sumi gulped, " S-Shinobu-sama did warned us about...about h-her...I just didn't expect to see her so soon...inside the building..."

" Hi. " Nezuko popped out her head from behind Giyuu and Sumi flinched in surprise.

" Tomioka-san, how smart you are to bring a demon into the mansion. "

Shinobu made her appearance behind Sumi, placing her hands on the child's shoulders and tugged her away from the guests. She gestured for the girl to leave, in which Sumi nodded and hurried away.

Giyuu looked confused. " You said to bring Nezuko along. "

" I didn't say to bring her in the place. You should've noticed it would attract unwanted attention. Also, we have injured patients here. Think of what would happen if the smell of blood here caused her to lose control. "

The smile that used to appear on her face was gone, replaced by an unsettling and dark expression. Shinobu glanced at Nezuko, who caught the hostility tone in her voice and shrunk herself, hiding behind Giyuu. The man finally realized his mistake and lowered his head.

" I am sorry. "

" You should be." Shinobu sighed and turned around. " Well, let's not idle around. We can discuss about our mission on the way. Wait outside, Tomioka-san, I'll got grab my stuff...make sure you keep your eyes on her. "

Once Shinobu went away, Giyuu turned around and noticed the demon was hiding underneath his hoari. He paused and hesitantly yanked off the fabric off Nezuko, before grabbing her arm and headed towards the exit. Nezuko, in a child form, was startled by the sudden dragging, but decided not to say anything.

"...Kocho is very protective of the estate's residents, " Giyuu cleared his throat, letting go of Nezuko once they were outside, " it was my fault for... bringing you in. I should've thought better. "

Nezuko stared up at him. She didn't quite expected him to blame himself for what happened just now. Honestly, Shinobu had the right for being cautious and hostile towards Nezuko, especially when she was inside a place where there were injured people, no one was to blame here. Though, both Giyuu and Nezuko could've been more aware of what to expect when they stepped into the place; a slayer and a demon. Doesn't sounds right.